+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell match thread.

A lot of positives tonight, played some very good stuff at times and well done to all the young lads. We have hardly played to that level this season, effort, movement , passing and what a difference for Shankland to get involved.

Should have won that but certainly much hope for next season with a few additions.

Annoying we didn't see it out tonight but lots to be happy with.

Appere and Chalmers were excellent in the first half. It really makes me wonder why we've not seen more of Louis out on that left hand side this season. Chalmers two assists and constantly threatening. He takes risks which dont always pay off but he is the type of player you pay your money to see.

Wee Meekison looked classy again. Some finish for his goal and looks as though he could play a part next season. His face after his goal was a real highlight. Great to see.

Kerr Smith... what can you say? For a 16 year old to be able to play like that, at centre half, in the Scottish Premiership was very impressive. If he fulfills his potential he'll be some footballer at any level he wants.

Aside from the young guys, Shanks looked sharp, lots of good link up play, but my word I've never seen a penalty smashed wide like that for a while. Good to see him get another goal. 1 on Sunday takes him to double figures for the season which is not to be sniffed at. Might have just played his last game at Tannadice.

Fuchs had his best game for a while. He is something else when he is really on form. I also thought Connolly did well tonight. Say what you want about him but he puts his head in where it hurts for the team. Everyone knows hes not a ball player, but you cant deny his desire.

Not to end on a negative but McNulty, Robson and Butcher coming on didnt seem to do us any favours when they should have been the changes that saw the game out for us. Harkes did ok.

All-in-all no real complaints from me. Hopefully see an 11 along the same lines on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Annoying we didn't see it out tonight but lots to be happy with.

Appere and Chalmers were excellent in the first half. It really makes me wonder why we've not seen more of Louis out on that left hand side this season. Chalmers two assists and constantly threatening. He takes risks which dont always pay off but he is the type of player you pay your money to see.

Wee Meekison looked classy again. Some finish for his goal and looks as though he could play a part next season. His face after his goal was a real highlight. Great to see.

Kerr Smith... what can you say? For a 16 year old to be able to play like that, at centre half, in the Scottish Premiership was very impressive. If he fulfills his potential he'll be some footballer at any level he wants.

Aside from the young guys, Shanks looked sharp, lots of good link up play, but my word I've never seen a penalty smashed wide like that for a while. Good to see him get another goal. 1 on Sunday takes him to double figures for the season which is not to be sniffed at. Might have just played his last game at Tannadice.

Fuchs had his best game for a while. He is something else when he is really on form. I also thought Connolly did well tonight. Say what you want about him but he puts his head in where it hurts for the team. Everyone knows hes not a ball player, but you cant deny his desire.

Not to end on a negative but McNulty, Robson and Butcher coming on didnt seem to do us any favours when they should have been the changes that saw the game out for us. Harkes did ok.

All-in-all no real complaints from me. Hopefully see an 11 along the same lines on Sunday.
    Can't disagree with any of that. Games like tonight make it even more frustrating that we've had to endure the sh*te we've been served up over the last few months by the manager playing players out of position and out of form.

Could have been 7th tonight with a win!

If only Connolly didnt need to be a hero all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Could have been 7th tonight with a win!

If only Connolly didnt need to be a hero all the time!
    ?

Yeah, I don't agree with that. I thought Connolly was outstanding

Just great to have the opportunity to give young players game time in matches without pressure. A lot of talented players around the club, great to see them delivering when given the chance. Obviously consistency through a season is completely different. Appere a fine example of this. Generally struggled this season but good if he can build confidence at the end of the season to start our first full premiership pre season after last year's shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Yeah, I don't agree with that. I thought Connolly was outstanding
    Just my reading of their first goal. I dont think Connolly needs to be there putting in a challenge so near the keeper and to me is the difference between 7th and 9th last night!

Tell you what though, we need to be building a team around Fuchs as he was a class above last night! I would also be looking to tie up the keeper if Benji takes his exit and if Doohan doesnt have a future at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Just my reading of their first goal. I dont think Connolly needs to be there putting in a challenge so near the keeper and to me is the difference between 7th and 9th last night!

Tell you what though, we need to be building a team around Fuchs as he was a class above last night! I would also be looking to tie up the keeper if Benji takes his exit and if Doohan doesnt have a future at Celtic.
    He was trying his hardest to make up for his brainfart challenge on Cole seconds earlier which then allowed Cole all the time in the world to pick out Long with the assist.

I'd be tempted to say Doohan must have impressed in training enough to interest us? Why else give a game to an emergency loan deal who will be away back to his club in a weeks time. Deniz certainly couldn't have been needing a rest after playing second fiddle to Benji all season.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)