+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In which universe..?

Question In which universe..?

...is Sam Johnstone a better goalkeeper than Nick Pope?

Yesterday England were embarrassing and I genuinely think Southgate is a grade "A" prick.

It’s in a parallel universe BT and it surprises me you hadn’t cottoned on to that but Gareth you will be glad to know is a grade “A” prick in every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ...is Sam Johnstone a better goalkeeper than Nick Pope?

Yesterday England were embarrassing and I genuinely think Southgate is a grade "A" prick.
    Posted this before BT but he’s a puppet I’m afraid , like grealish in the euros he should have been included but never was , he got of the hook really with Pope being injured when he was.

Stuck with him though as he’s a yes man and does has he’s told , got us to a semi final and a final under his tenure.

Just for the record we’ve never had a pool to pick from in England like there is at the minute I reckon you could have achieved the same results with what’s at your disposal.

However he’s the messiah to many

I noticed late on that we had a right-footed, right-back, Trippier, up by the left corner flag trying to beat a couple of defenders and get a centre in, of course he failed miserably, he's just not equipped for that position, but he wasn't there by accident, he hadn't just strayed into that position on a whim, he was there because that's where Southgate chose to play him. And don't mention Alexander-Arnold in midfield, absolutely hopeless, like a fish out of water. It was almost like Gareth was trying to see how many square pegs he could fit into round holes in one game.

I think with England we have the reverse of what we have at Burnley, here we have a very good manager carrying a group of very mediocre players, With England we have a very good group of players carrying a very mediocre manager.

He is the ultimate YES man both in a footballing sense and a political sense.I wonder if Brian Clough would have gone along with the knee nonsense....

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I noticed late on that we had a right-footed, right-back, Trippier, up by the left corner flag trying to beat a couple of defenders and get a centre in, of course he failed miserably, he's just not equipped for that position, but he wasn't there by accident, he hadn't just strayed into that position on a whim, he was there because that's where Southgate chose to play him. And don't mention Alexander-Arnold in midfield, absolutely hopeless, like a fish out of water. It was almost like Gareth was trying to see how many square pegs he could fit into round holes in one game.

I think with England we have the reverse of what we have at Burnley, here we have a very good manager carrying a group of very mediocre players, With England we have a very good group of players carrying a very mediocre manager.
    For the life in me I don't know why Wet Spam did not sign Lingard. I'm not fond of the little f*cker's personality but OMG he can't half play football.

I saw him rescue a point for United against us at Old Trafford, he certainly has the passion and drive to turn games around and he knows where the net is too.

Watching England last night I thought if only we could attract players like him and Bellingham...

Attachment 19881

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    He is the ultimate YES man both in a footballing sense and a political sense.I wonder if Brian Clough would have gone along with the knee nonsense....
    That really did make me laugh out loud CiB, but he was a man of his time, sadly someone like Brian Clough could not exist in public life today.

He had already been shut out of the England job back then because of his political incorrectness.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    He had already been shut out of the England job back then because of his political incorrectness.
    Aye, he wouldn't be a club manger now never mind England manager. I loved him, one of my heroes Brian Clough.

A dreary, boring performance overall. Bamford had nothing to feed off. We were so slow in the build up it made it easy for Andorra to pack the defence. Very few crosses went into the box and really no- one in midfield to make an incisive pass to unlock them. Bellingham has skill and imagination but Henderson was the preferred choice coming out of the defence. He works hard, but has neither skill nor imagination. He plays 90% of passes either square of backwards, not seeing the runs that were being made by Lingard and Bamford. As for Tripps at left back, what a waste!

Poland will be the real test. If we play the same way, twenty passes to get past the halfway line, it will be dire. I am not sure about three lions. More like three sloths.

I really do not understand why Pope did not get a game. He is better than Pickford, except for the obsession to play out from the back. A high press nullifies that. Pope can play from the back and his kicking is accurate most times. Playing long to Bamford would have prevented Andorra getting 11 behind the ball.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)