+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baggies Match Day Thread

This result was written in the stars. We could be soon looking over our shoulders.

desperate stuff from wulfies

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    This result was written in the stars. We could be soon looking over our shoulders.
    And Nuno said no additions this January....

I was fine with not challenging for Europa League this year with some major changes in the squad

But you still have to win your matches against the bad squads.

We were only a few close calls from winning the match, but that’s been the story for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    utter decline george ...we should stay up this season , but the relegation letter is the post for next season.
    gone from pride of the midlands to joke of the midlands in just a few weeks.
    big boost for sandwell should give em some hope, even bigger boost for chorley.

should have replaced doherty and jota with decent players.
    giving penalties away seems to be the latest craze with our team..

Pass the ragman's trumpet, wrong end first please!!

Just seen the score, can't wait to read the reports although I think I can guess what I'll find there.

Maybe it was a Derby to remember in the end, but for all the wrong reasons.

Just wondered what you thought of Coadie's substitution (his first ever!). Seemed exceedingly strange to me and as it happened, it was of no benefit.

When can we expect the 'Magic Mex' to return - does anyone know ? IMO his absence is the main reason we find ourselves in the present slump. Without an experienced striker to lead the way we have struggled to score goals, although Neto's tireless performance yesterday deserved far greater reward (he was my MOM!). When Raul, Neto and Podence are back together I think we will see a vast improvement, certainly enough to erase any thoughts of relegation.

Re "When can we expect the 'Magic Mex' to return" - without being negative, there is also the question of what sort of magic the Mexican will be capable of after that horrific injury. Personally I don't think we'll see Raul ANYWHERE near his normal levels until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Just wondered what you thought of Coadie's substitution (his first ever!). Seemed exceedingly strange to me and as it happened, it was of no benefit.
    This seems a reasonable explanation as any, by Wolfhedd on the Express and Star comments page,

"Many are questioning the Coady sub. Personally I think it was the most common sense sub he has made all season. Coady wasn't playing particularly well anyway, but as soon as the baggies went in front, they sat deep making his long diagonal balls next to impossible to pull off. He's clearly not the best defender in the side, and doesn't offer as much as Boly and Saiss at attacking set pieces. Therefore of all the defenders he could have subbed, Coady offered the least in attack and wouldn't be the best at defending the inevitable counter attacks".

Didn't watch the game so I can't comment myself.

Thanks Woodie, I hadn't seen those comments, but have to admit I can now more clearly see that there is some more logic behind the decision.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)