+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Looks like compulsory masks in shops from 24th July, but not pubs.

Tories and pretty much the entire West have been completely clueless since this thing started, just making it up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Tories and pretty much the entire West have been completely clueless since this thing started, just making it up as they go along.
    If it was extended to pubs would there be a mask with a little hole in it for a straw so I could drink the beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If it was extended to pubs would there be a mask with a little hole in it for a straw so I could drink the beer?
    Half the people I have seen wearing them have only been wearing them over their mouths.

The only masks that do work are FFP2 and FFP3 ones yet we're told not to use them and leave them for key workers.

People will just stay at home and millions more jobs will go.

Are the government getting kickbacks from Jeff Bezos I wonder?

Half the people I have seen wearing them have only been wearing them over their mouths.

The only masks that do work are FFP2 and FFP3 ones yet we're told not to use them and leave them for key workers.

People will just stay at home and millions more jobs will go.

Are the government getting kickbacks from Jeff Bezos I wonder?
    Even if they all had FFP2 or FFP3 masks 90% would wear them incorrectly

The entire West has been clueless? Are you including Norway, Denmark and Germany in that? If you look at the numbers of Covid deaths vs excess deaths for the comparable time of year then these countries have done well along with Austria, Portugal and Iceland. I don't think we should tar all Western countries the poor performance of ourselves, America, Belgium, Spain and Italy. Some have clearly led very well and managed to keep casualties down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Even if they all had FFP2 or FFP3 masks 90% would wear them incorrectly
    Perhaps some clear instructions and publicity about wearing them correctly might come in handy? Not sure that would occur to our leaders though.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Perhaps some clear instructions and publicity about wearing them correctly might come in handy? Not sure that would occur to our leaders though.
    Strange you need "clear instructions Pup" my family have been wearing masks for nearly 4 months now. No confusion, its easy to put on (2 seconds) and I haven't had any emails from Boris or Patrck Vallance explaining how to strap them on
    Last edited by gm_gm; 14-07-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Strange you need "clear instructions Pup" my family have been wearing masks for nearly 4 months now. No confusion, its easy to put on (2 seconds) and I have had any emails from Boris or Patrck Vallance explaining how to strap them on
    I didn't GM, but it was suggested that large numbers might, in which case maybe there should be?

Unless of course Gristy was just cheekily asserting that the general public are a bit thick, but that can't be true could it as Kerr and others would be all over it telling him not to be so arrogant and superior

This article sums up my biggest worry, the oncoming winter if Covid is still active. The emphasis is on how the Government must be all over the planning for this now so we don't repeat the same mistakes, create extra hospital spaces and stockpile equipment, prepare local lockdown procedures at the first trace of increase in cases and back it up with armed forces to support policing to ensure it is tight. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...must-start-now

Gulp !

Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast