+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline (h)

our whole attacking ethos seems to be get the ball to Middleton to put a cross in. No wonder he is the top assist king he's put about 100 billion of them in this season.

Its such a 1 dimensional way to play

You'd think our strikers would be getting used to where he puts the ball most of the time then eh? ☹️

Middleton would be a stand out for any other championship team. He is alright at what he does but his final product is not great. We could really do with getting competition for that position. He is the one player that I think regularly hides on the pitch, watching his off the ball movement, he often puts himself in a position to not be able to recieve the ball. For me, TW and GM are our 2 most frustrating players. Between them, they slow down play and give the ball away cheaply. It's even more frustrating that they are being paid more than most, which I think raises the expectations of fans. We should be looking at other Championship teams to see if they have younger players who could fill these roles and possibly take a step up next season.

It's not all bad, only failed to score 3 times, had found our scoring form a bit until Inverness away but that was with a makeshift line up

We'll get better again in that respect, the key is keeping our excellent defensive performance going to May, then we don't need to score as many, look at Morton, score two, usually enough to win us a game but for the first and only time to date in the league all season we let in more than a single goal

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Middleton would be a stand out for any other championship team. He is alright at what he does but his final product is not great. We could really do with getting competition for that position. He is the one player that I think regularly hides on the pitch, watching his off the ball movement, he often puts himself in a position to not be able to recieve the ball. For me, TW and GM are our 2 most frustrating players. Between them, they slow down play and give the ball away cheaply. It's even more frustrating that they are being paid more than most, which I think raises the expectations of fans. We should be looking at other Championship teams to see if they have younger players who could fill these roles and possibly take a step up next season.
    loudest cheer of the day was when he got subbed on Saturday, he is such a limited footballer show him inside and he's ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's not all bad, only failed to score 3 times, had found our scoring form a bit until Inverness away but that was with a makeshift line up

We'll get better again in that respect, the key is keeping our excellent defensive performance going to May, then we don't need to score as many, look at Morton, score two, usually enough to win us a game but for the first and only time to date in the league all season we let in more than a single goal
    lets at least try and play a bit of fitba thou eh ? Hard to believe its supposed to be entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    our whole attacking ethos seems to be get the ball to Middleton to put a cross in. No wonder he is the top assist king he's put about 100 billion of them in this season.

Its such a 1 dimensional way to play
    Championship managers have sussed the threat from Middleton on the left. They know he'll try to skin the defender and cross with his left foot. As much as they can they double up on him which either affects the quality of the cross or they force him to go back the way.
    I'd like to see Goodwin swapping Kai and Middleton during games to keep defenders guessing. No idea why he never does this but Goodwin isn't very creative at the best of times.
    Would I be right in saying that Middletons best goal for us was when he cut in from the RIGHT side v Alkmaar and pinged the goal in with his favoured left peg?
    I've lost a bit of faith in JG around his ability to solve the final 3rd issue. He's very one dimensional.
    We looked incapable of scoring for 80 minutes but when he put Meekison and Grieve in front of their defenders it changed, so why wait 80 minutes to see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Championship managers have sussed the threat from Middleton on the left. They know he'll try to skin the defender and cross with his left foot. As much as they can they double up on him which either affects the quality of the cross or they force him to go back the way.
    I'd like to see Goodwin swapping Kai and Middleton during games to keep defenders guessing. No idea why he never does this but Goodwin isn't very creative at the best of times.
    Would I be right in saying that Middletons best goal for us was when he cut in from the RIGHT side v Alkmaar and pinged the goal in with his favoured left peg?
    I've lost a bit of faith in JG around his ability to solve the final 3rd issue. He's very one dimensional.
    We looked incapable of scoring for 80 minutes but when he put Meekison and Grieve in front of their defenders it changed, so why wait 80 minutes to see that?
    he is very slow to change things up when its not working, very anoying. Should have made 3 changes at HT on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Was saying the same thing about GM and KF during the match on Saturday. Strange why it doesn't get done during matches. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Was saying the same thing about GM and KF during the match on Saturday. Strange why it doesn't get done during matches. 🤔

I get that but just because it didn't work Saturday doesn't mean it's broken, 10/11 goals for KF and 10/11 assists for GM shows it's working overall with them on the left and right respectively and certainly the crowd cheering subs etc is a minter

Dunfermline when have their players back are solid usually, that's how they won their league last season, that's despite bad injuries they have the next best defensive record in the league, we looked very threatening early on and it was entertaining fit that period and we did look a level above them as Whitfield said imo

Just fell away when we didn't get the breakthrough we deserved at that point, then it got a bit scrappy and tempo dropped, late flurry and great save, positives still to take more than negatives really

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)