+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep your nose out spuds!

Keep your nose out spuds!

Apparently they are to probe us about Jack clarkes omission from the team..well he started against Stoke (did anybody see him???) and I think spurs just need to watch that game for their answer!

Personally would not bother me one bit if we sent him back ( and I was gutted that we sold him in the 1st place!)

Agreed, send the cnut back.

Unless there is an agreed clause that requires us to play him regularly, they can fk straight off.

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    Unless there is an agreed clause that requires us to play him regularly, they can fk straight off.
    Interesting point that. Are they actually paying his wage? If they are, would they be entitled to include a clause to say they will continue to do so, only if he plays so many games?? Should still be our call to play him or not...but wonder if that could come into play at some stage?

I don't know who is paying his wages but even if Spurs are, they aren't "entitled" to include any clauses without our consent. It doesn't give them the right. The clause you gave as an example could exist if both clubs agreed to it but since Clarke hasn't featured too much this season, I doubt it does.

Typically loan contracts mean the club loaning the player pays the other club a fee which goes to the players wages. Typically that is paid over the loan period and often there is a clause in the contract meaning the less the player plays the higher the fee and vice versa

PS he has been poor so far and of having him on the books means Stevens and Gotts are not getting an opportunity then Would be not great shakes if he was recalled

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    I don't know who is paying his wages but even if Spurs are, they aren't "entitled" to include any clauses without our consent. It doesn't give them the right. The clause you gave as an example could exist if both clubs agreed to it but since Clarke hasn't featured too much this season, I doubt it does.
    For sure. If both clubs signed off on an agreement, then any clause about game numbers in that would have been okayed by both parties up front. And maybe we did, just to ensure he came back to us on loan. We may just get reduced amount if he doesn't meet the qoata?? Better that than playing someone out of form just for the cash incentive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    For sure. If both clubs signed off on an agreement, then any clause about game numbers in that would have been okayed by both parties up front. And maybe we did, just to ensure he came back to us on loan. We may just get reduced amount if he doesn't meet the qoata?? Better that than playing someone out of form just for the cash incentive!
    You can't insist on game numbers in a loan deal. Not to play. (I'd guess you could say, if a player was coming back from injury, no more than 1 game a week for the first 2 months, take it or leave it.)

But it's precisely because we couldn't insist that whoever took Eddie on loan had to play him that we spent so much time choosing the team, listening to their plans. I told you about Gnabry getting 1 game all season under Pullis.

Let the Spud rot in the reserves or send him back and stop wasting your cash on him.

Best of luck.

See we beat off Premier clubs to sign young Josh Galloway from Carlisle yesterday. The second one from Carlisle this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)