+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we not

Regarding Arsenal and Eddie.

Our coach is better than theirs. Especially from a training and development standpoint. Eddie is very young and a season with a promotion pushing team in the championship will be better for him than a mid pack team in the prem. He is going to have pressure heaped on him here that he won't get at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Regarding Arsenal and Eddie.

Our coach is better than theirs. Especially from a training and development standpoint. Eddie is very young and a season with a promotion pushing team in the championship will be better for him than a mid pack team in the prem. He is going to have pressure heaped on him here that he won't get at Arsenal.
    Agreed, but it won't stop Arsenal recalling him if he only gets used as a sub for the last 10 - 15 minutes. As with the Clark situation, (for different reasons of course), Arsenal could always loan him out to one of our competitors, something I think we should avoid (and we can, if he gets used more)?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    A very valid point, we could also play him for more minutes, he bangs in the goals and Arsenal recall him anyway.

I am not saying that we never start him in the team, I just think at the moment its not the right time. Its feels like we are suggesting change for change's sake.

Another point I was thinking of (Hopefully there are stats somewhere to back me up (fingers crossed), I would suggest that a high proportion of games are won by the odd goal in the last 15-20 minutes of a match, Eddie is currently providing us with that goal fairly consistently.
    Trouble at the minute is we look like not scoring until Eddie / Costa come on - leave it too late to introduce them and we get a draw or defeat aka Forest/Swansea.
    Need Eddie on either with or without Bamford from the off, Need to get in front early on not last ten minutes wherever possible.

Scoring early helps build confidence and takes the pressure off the rest of the team, GET the goal scorers on the pitch as soon as possible IMO

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agreed, but it won't stop Arsenal recalling him if he only gets used as a sub for the last 10 - 15 minutes. As with the Clark situation, (for different reasons of course), Arsenal could always loan him out to one of our competitors, something I think we should avoid (and we can, if he gets used more)?
    Exactly! He was looking likely to be going to Bristol City until we hijacked him, If he had gone there I would think he would have played every game so far, so don't want to risk having him recalled then loaned out to them FFS!

I thought after the defeat to Swansea then that would be the time for MB to bring in Eddie and Costa, he didnt and i dont see him doing it v Derby, Although he brought Costa on at half time v Barnsley so he should start ahead of Harrison v Derby, if he doesnt then Harrison has to have something in his contract from city because this one is a no brainer everyone can see this,

I have seen this scenario many times before in football where a sub comes on and bangs in the goals then gets the starts he thinks and we think he deserves then doesnt deliver, I think Eddie deserves to start but i also think so does Bamford, Bamfords game has come on so much this season his workrate is second to none he badly needs a goal, i know its a case of hitting the net so it really is a hard one to call,

I really think we should play them both at home because of the way teams sit and hit us on the break, playing two up top would surely help us at home.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    I thought after the defeat to Swansea then that would be the time for MB to bring in Eddie and Costa, he didnt and i dont see him doing it v Derby, Although he brought Costa on at half time v Barnsley so he should start ahead of Harrison v Derby, if he doesnt then Harrison has to have something in his contract from city because this one is a no brainer everyone can see this,

I have seen this scenario many times before in football where a sub comes on and bangs in the goals then gets the starts he thinks and we think he deserves then doesnt deliver, I think Eddie deserves to start but i also think so does Bamford, Bamfords game has come on so much this season his workrate is second to none he badly needs a goal, i know its a case of hitting the net so it really is a hard one to call,

I really think we should play them both at home because of the way teams sit and hit us on the break, playing two up top would surely help us at home.
    Sorry Pete, for all that I like Bamford to have come good this season, he's had plenty of chances and a whole shed oad of game time and isnt doing what's required. Nketiah has converted fewer chances with very limited game time yet his scoring record equals Bamfords. The only way playing both makes sense is that Bamford is a foil to Nketiah, and whilst for the team that might make sense, for Bamford it would be a bitter pill to swallow (and he might well not take kindly to the prospect). Better to give him time (and the team the opportunity to change formation/tactics where required), and start with Costa/Nketiah.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away That's the draw of football, we all see the same game/result but interpret it so differently. Can create some great conversations etc.
    Yep but it's the Bielsa dynamics that fans and our new players need to grasp.
    This is what I and many others see week in and as Pete says this is why Bamford starts week in,IMO.
    There's a hell of a lot of work rate going on off the ball before the final delivery and a lot of man handling being inflicted onto the lone striker role trying to interrupt our flowing movement may I add .........

Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 18-09-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: video error

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry Pete, for all that I like Bamford to have come good this season, he's had plenty of chances and a whole shed oad of game time and isnt doing what's required. Nketiah has converted fewer chances with very limited game time yet his scoring record equals Bamfords. The only way playing both makes sense is that Bamford is a foil to Nketiah, and whilst for the team that might make sense, for Bamford it would be a bitter pill to swallow (and he might well not take kindly to the prospect). Better to give him time (and the team the opportunity to change formation/tactics where required), and start with Costa/Nketiah.

Both scored 4 goals Eddie just took 331 minutes less game time

Relevant video to my post explaining what Bielsa requires from individual players over 90 minutes:

https://vimeo.com/360926944

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Both scored 4 goals Eddie just took 331 minutes less game time
    Precisely

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)