+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Solihull Appoint Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Interesting. I personally feel relegation under him might well have been inevitable that season or the one after. Just too much chaos, even if he hadn't run out of dosh. .
    I'm pretty sure Nolan getting us promoted wouldn't have prevented Paragon from collapsing. We'd have likely spent more to compete in L1 that summer and would have been in an even bigger mess financially.

If that question was posed to Hardy now - "What would have happened if we'd gone up and your business had still failed?" I'm guessing he would reply that we'd have stayed up and been in a better position to be sold to somebody who would have taken us onto the next level, but I think it would have been more likely that we'd have gone into admin and got a 10 point deduction. If the deduction was in L2 rather than L1, then we'd have struggled to avoid dropping to where we are now.

Still talking about our former manager Neal Ardley?

The next step is to appoint him as Honorary President - that way we can feel close to him forever.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nolan getting us promoted wouldn't have prevented Paragon from collapsing. We'd have likely spent more to compete in L1 that summer and would have been in an even bigger mess financially.

If that question was posed to Hardy now - "What would have happened if we'd gone up and your business had still failed?" I'm guessing he would reply that we'd have stayed up and been in a better position to be sold to somebody who would have taken us onto the next level, but I think it would have been more likely that we'd have gone into admin and got a 10 point deduction. If the deduction was in L2 rather than L1, then we'd have struggled to avoid dropping to where we are now.

Did Hardy realistically ever have enough bunce to support Notts? The answer is prob 'No'. But at that particular moment in time, he did save us from oblivion, so we have to thank him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Did Hardy realistically ever have enough bunce to support Notts? The answer is prob 'No'. But at that particular moment in time, he did save us from oblivion, so we have to thank him for that.
    Did he save us from oblivion? At best I’d say he helped us avoid crashing into one iceberg, then got carried away and decided to pilot the ship himself and crashed into an even bigger iceberg.

When the final part for my time machine arrives from Amazon, I’m definitely going to go back and tell the Reedtz brothers to buy the club in 2018, not a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Did he save us from oblivion? At best I’d say he helped us avoid crashing into one iceberg, then got carried away and decided to pilot the ship himself and crashed into an even bigger iceberg.

When the final part for my time machine arrives from Amazon, I’m definitely going to go back and tell the Reedtz brothers to buy the club in 2018, not a year later.
    Hardy put the tit in Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Notts County will never move on, until we are out of this hole of a league
    Hardy job was appointing managers, and making sure they are paid, which they were unlike macclesfield. ( who despite being unpaid, , and 7 points behind us when NA arrived stayed up - this shows NA incompetence, and you can not blame Hardy for that ) . The manager is totally responsible for matters on the field , if this was not the case, why have managers at all, when the chairman could just pick the team
    How can most of the damage be done- when we were 7 points above Macclesfield when Ardley came in ?? Not only that Notts players and manager were getting PAID, where macclesfields were not

Ardley first 12 games was his downfall, in that period he ended up 8 points from safety, and lost the key match to Macclesfield

It is true, when he was allowed to bring in many of his own players in January he improved, but not enough to keep us up.
    Well doesn’t that tell you it was what he inherited that he couldn’t get a tune out of them as the previous 2 didn’t. Then he had the issue of players that had be signed by 2 different managers, I expect a very split camp, I’m not saying he didn’t make mistakes but if that squad had stayed in place for the whole season we would have been relegated well before the last day hence I why I certainly don’t put the majority of blame on him

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well doesn’t that tell you it was what he inherited that he couldn’t get a tune out of them as the previous 2 didn’t. Then he had the issue of players that had be signed by 2 different managers, I expect a very split camp, I’m not saying he didn’t make mistakes but if that squad had stayed in place for the whole season we would have been relegated well before the last day hence I why I certainly don’t put the majority of blame on him
    Relegation is relegation, it was no achievement by Ardely, we got relegated on the last day, it was catastrophic

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for us. I suspect many of us were wondering where you stood on this issue
    Thanks Swale, i appreciate that- i just did not want there to be any mis understandings between us

Thanks Swale, i appreciate that- i just did not want there to be any mis understandings between us
    Clarity is everything

Notts County will never move on, until we are out of this hole of a league
    Hardy job was appointing managers, and making sure they are paid, which they were unlike macclesfield. ( who despite being unpaid, , and 7 points behind us when NA arrived stayed up - this shows NA incompetence, and you can not blame Hardy for that ) . The manager is totally responsible for matters on the field , if this was not the case, why have managers at all, when the chairman could just pick the team
    Relegation is relegation, it was no achievement by Ardely, we got relegated on the last day, it was catastrophic
    Relegation isn’t caused by points acquired in 26 games, it’s points from 46, just find it astonishing you blame it on him not the catastrophic recruitment in the summer, the losing and probably drinking culture that seemed to have made it into the club under Nolan, Kewell had called it out that they were awful, he got the bullet and Ardley had to pick up the pieces, was he great, no, was it all his fault, 100% no.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast