+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 - England vs. Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    England would definitely benefit from finishing second, but will always lose to the first decent team they play.

One of the worst games I’ve ever attended was the 0-0 against Algeria in 2010, in Cape Town, so I’ve sat through some dross over the years watching England. Tonight was pretty bad; Scotland were the better team yet Robertson is probably their only top-class player.

Playing with the handbrake on yet again, as others have said, Light years behind Italy and France, based on that showing. And what’s wrong with Harry Kane? Playing like he’s got lead in his boots.
    The team looked a bit off from the start. Doesn't seem to be much team spirit. There are absolutely no characters in that squad and only Pickford is prepared to dish out a rollicking. Maybe they are fatigued? Kane has been rubbish for two games now... he's barely touched the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    England would definitely benefit from finishing second, but will always lose to the first decent team they play.

One of the worst games I’ve ever attended was the 0-0 against Algeria in 2010, in Cape Town, so I’ve sat through some dross over the years watching England. Tonight was pretty bad; Scotland were the better team yet Robertson is probably their only top-class player.

Playing with the handbrake on yet again, as others have said, Light years behind Italy and France, based on that showing. And what’s wrong with Harry Kane? Playing like he’s got lead in his boots.
    Tierney is class.

I thought Kane looked drugged. But just about everybody was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Tierney is class.

I thought Kane looked drugged. But just about everybody was poor.
    Well, it certainly wasn't speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    How did you miss me? I was chanting a lot louder than Davy and Pedro.
    Hahaha, think it was because the TV cameras seemed to be more interested in the Scottish fans. It was classic tippy tappy football with no end product, hoping for a random moment of magic to get a goal.

Daily Mail a week ago....

"Gareth Southgate will NOT face England chop even if his Three Lions side flop at Euro 2020 this summer... with the FA prepared to back the boss until the Qatar 2022 World Cup"

He'd be under massive pressure if they went out in the last 16 though, especially if performances don't improve.

England are always like Notts, so much less than the sum of their parts.

Having said that, I think we’ll be better when we face better teams.

That was crap.

Absolute dire, watching paint dry would be more entertaining.
    As Liam Brady said over here, the last time England played really well, consistently, was under Terry Venables. BBC or ITV should have him on, tells you how it is, no bull****, papering over the cracks, Lineker, Shearer & co could learn a few things, & yes he does the same regarding Ireland games

Nearly started a thread saying how watching England reminded me of watching Notts under Ardley....then read this thread!

Sadly/fortunately....we now all know the answer. The coach is to blame, I’d argue IB would get this England team getting them playing better football than Southgate has.

I like you as a bloke Gareth, but it’s time to go.

Watching England hasn't been enjoyable for ages

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast