+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players linked with NUFC

Players linked with NUFC

I was thinking about hoying up a thread with players linked with us recently. Some is more likely than others ofcourse, but I thought it will be interesting to see wich one of them (if any), we actually end up signing before the window shuts.

Feel free to add players if I forgot anyone. As we speak, just before the window opens, heres a list of players weve been linked with in recent times (after january window):

Adarabioyo
    Kelly
    Ramsdale
    Mamardashvili
    Oliseh
    Eze
    Cherki
    Diomande
    Branthwaite
    Guirassy
    Guehi
    Ederson
    Sesko
    Amadou Onana

Some players on that list 😎
    Lets hope we get a few of them 🤞

It might be quicker to list players we aren’t linked with!
    😄

I dont think we can afford the man city keeper sadly after tonight i imagine the usual clubs will be swarming all over Ederson.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    I dont think we can afford the man city keeper sadly after tonight i imagine the usual clubs will be swarming all over Ederson.
    Aye he'll be too much money for us on the salary side I'm guessing. Great keeper though. Their No.2 is also mint like!

Really do hope the club can interest that 'Georgi the Georgian' lad in becoming a Geordie - Geordi is a Geordie la la la la Hay! haha

Bowen and….nooooooooo… Calvert-Lewin.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Bowen and….nooooooooo… Calvert-Lewin.
    Bowen I can get aboard with but would cost.

DCL would be a massive mistake and would successfully fill the Wilson always injured position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    DCL would be a massive mistake and would successfully fill the Wilson always injured position.
    Agreed. Signing him would be a massive mistake I think.

Wilson is head and shoulders better than CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    The greater attention to detail and deeper dives into player 'Background checks' which the club has repeated talked about since the Tonali fall out will ensure that not only are we doing extensive work on their character but also getting granular on their other attributes.

Fitness is the No.1 reason we haven't been in the fight for the top 4 this season. Tonali aside. We've missed the variety of Joelinton, Willock & Anderson in midfield and the rock-steady presence of Botman and Pope at the back. Wilson was a known liability so can't really included him here.

However, DCL is the master of fitness disasters. He's never fit. Difference with DCL and Wilson is, Wilson generally comes back in after injury, hits the ground running and scores straight away. DCL does not, not even close.

Everton are gonna want north of £30m, probably closer to £50m. That is insane money for a sick note like him.

I just don't see how that makes any sense to anyone in or out of the club.

Solanke is another No, he's been linked due to his relationship with Howe. We need the Isak level of player not the Sean Longstaff level player. Sean will remain at the toon as a squad player unless we get a nuts offer for him, which ain't gonna happen.

However, in terms of recruitment. We have Botman as the Rolls Royce who will be out LCB for many years to come. The Signatures of Kelly is a replacement/upgrade for Dummett, That is a huge step up in terms of quality for the squad player. Excellent business. Likewise Adarabioyo
    is the step up in quality on Lascelles. Two excellent signings on free transfers.

Raising the level of the worst players in our squad to good quality Premier League standard players. Brilliant work from club's recruitment staff all round.

My choices
    CF - Sesko - (surprise surprise)
    RW - Johan Bakayoko
    GK - Giorgi Mamardashvili

If we get in the Kelly & Adarabioyo + these 3 I'd be delighted with the summer business. 5 superb players in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)