+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Swedish is a great poster and whilst myself and Regis don't always agree, he's been completely genuine and was one of the first to ask about my health.

I don't like the taking the knee as my view is it does not belong prior to a sporting match and I would welcome any other huge push to kick it out! It's not just race, it's nasty comments in general - for example I have mentioned the lines girl Sian Massey who gets loads of abuse. Good for her to take this career route. What about some of the female pundits - I think they are at least far more educated than some of the guys who can hardly spit their words out.

Not going to respond to OV anymore, as it's getting boring! He has views like everyone else but apart from aiming childish comments - telling an overseas poster to f uck off who actually travels to the UK to see matches is outrageous.
    Oh Mr moral compass has reared his head and surprise surprise failed to answer anything again. Maybe that's my own fault for giving him a get out clause after insulting Swedish Baggie.

Swedish is a great poster and whilst myself and Regis don't always agree, he's been completely genuine and was one of the first to ask about my health.

I don't like the taking the knee as my view is it does not belong prior to a sporting match and I would welcome any other huge push to kick it out! It's not just race, it's nasty comments in general - for example I have mentioned the lines girl Sian Massey who gets loads of abuse. Good for her to take this career route. What about some of the female pundits - I think they are at least far more educated than some of the guys who can hardly spit their words out.

Not going to respond to OV anymore, as it's getting boring! He has views like everyone else but apart from aiming childish comments - telling an overseas poster to f uck off who actually travels to the UK to see matches is outrageous.
    Classic snowflakery, outraged by a bloke being told to eff off but not by civil rights.

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    I've got no problem with apologising fella, I'm just setting my stall out as there are things I don't mess around with, and that was one of them. At the risk of sounding like Priti Patel, I'm sorry IF you felt offended, but just because its this platform, I don't need to change how I'd act if it were anywhere else. If someone you don't know came up to you and made a joke about your Mrs what would you do?
    I never made a joke about YOUR mrs, I tried to make/made a joke about the expressions:

”I have a black mate”

”I have a black wife”

”I have met/know someone within the BLM”

Not any one of them really proves anything, and that was my point. In general I would of course say that having a black partner proves more than having a black mate, but, not necessarily in ALL cases.

Regarding joke (?) about mrs: Quite honestly, I’d shrug my shoulders if it was made on the internet, IRL is of course a different piece of cake (after all I am a Swedish Viking &#128526.

I’m not easily offended or upset, but, if I were, apology accepted. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I never made a joke about YOUR mrs, I tried to make/made a joke about the expressions:

”I have a black mate”

”I have a black wife”

”I have met/know someone within the BLM”

Not any one of them really proves anything, and that was my point. In general I would of course say that having a black partner proves more than having a black mate, but, not necessarily in ALL cases.

Regarding joke (?) about mrs: Quite honestly, I’d shrug my shoulders if it was made on the internet, IRL is of course a different piece of cake (after all I am a Swedish Viking &#128526.

I’m not easily offended or upset, but, if I were, apology accepted. 😎
    Well in that case I sincerely apologise, genuinely. I'm sorry I started our exchanges on the wrong foot. 👍

I go to football matches to (hopefully) enjoy the sport, similarly if I go to watch other sports, I want to enjoy the sport. I watch sport on TV to be entertained by the sport. I do not watch sport to be preached to, about anything and certainly not by rather wealthy footballers. Looking at the numbers of black footballers in our leagues, I really cannot see the problem in football. Yes, there may be a few idiots shouting abuse but they can now be quite easily identified and chucked out. If footballers want to make a difference to people’s lives, go into politics but don’t try to preach from the sports field. If they can’t see that continuing with the kneeling pose is now counterproductive then really, they must be a bit thick.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I go to football matches to (hopefully) enjoy the sport, similarly if I go to watch other sports, I want to enjoy the sport. I watch sport on TV to be entertained by the sport. I do not watch sport to be preached to, about anything and certainly not by rather wealthy footballers. Looking at the numbers of black footballers in our leagues, I really cannot see the problem in football. Yes, there may be a few idiots shouting abuse but they can now be quite easily identified and chucked out. If footballers want to make a difference to people’s lives, go into politics but don’t try to preach from the sports field. If they can’t see that continuing with the kneeling pose is now counterproductive then really, they must be a bit thick.

Good post Ketts and agree!

PS - no doubt the fingertips are on the keyboard already for a provocative response! If another view is the person wants to kiss the backsides of those taking the knee - that too is a different view!

The players wealth has nothing to do with it, irrelevant. The fact that the abuse is within a footballing sphere, doesn't it make sense for the response to take place in the same sphere?

Good post Ketts and agree!

PS - no doubt the fingertips are on the keyboard already for a provocative response! If another view is the person wants to kiss the backsides of those taking the knee - that too is a different view!
    Well your fingertips got there first Plato. You don't do irony do you?

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    Well your fingertips got there first Plato. You don't do irony do you?

Yawn yawn!

Why the heck should footballers have go into politics to make their point? Using the same logic why don't you go into politics to make your point?

Secondly, does everyone who wants to make their feelings known have to go into politics to do so? It just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Imagine the events that wouldn't have occurred if people hadn't stood up and were counted? Jesus didn't (I don't believe in that btw but you get my point), he didn't have to stand in the Bethlehem by election. Neither did Watt Tyler, Martin Luther King..... I could go on.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)