+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings

Slocombe 6.5 - not tested enough to merit a high mark, but didn't do a lot wrong.
    Brindley 7 - much better than Tuesday, defended well.
    Taylor 6 - a bit hit and miss, looks for the safe pass a bit too often when he should be crossing it.
    Lacey 7 - more like the Lacey we know. Held us together when Cameron went off.
    Cameron 6.5 - brought the ball out of defence well, hope his injury is a minor one.
    Francis 7.5* - impressed me today. Some really good forward balls and imposed himself more.
    Palmer 7 - not a good first half, but made up for it in the second.
    Roberts 5.5 - nothing seemed to go his way. Flashes of what he is capable of, but a poor penalty and a petulant booking limits his mark.
    Ruben 5.5 - again below par. The slightly deeper role doesn't suit what he is best at, he struggled to get into scoring positions.
    Wootton 6 - can't fault his effort, but he didn't get a lot of service.
    Mitchell 5.5 - I think there's a good player there, but he didn't show it today.

Subs-

O’Brien 6 - typical JOB, some things worked and some didn't, but I love his passion.
    Chicksen 7 - a really good replacement for Cameron. Solid, and a very useful squad member who is a bit unlucky not to start.

Brilliant that we got another 3 points, but this game provided more questions than answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Kyle Cameron deserves extra credit for so clearly and eloquently calling the linesman "a f*cking sh*thouse" after he decided to tell the ref someone had been fouled despite not flagging for it while the ref was on his arse after falling over
    That was weird. The ref saw nothing, and the lino close to it didn't wave his flag. It seems a yellow card was given and a free kick awarded purely on the strength of the protests from the Maidenhead players and bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was weird. The ref saw nothing, and the lino close to it didn't wave his flag. It seems a yellow card was given and a free kick awarded purely on the strength of the protests from the Maidenhead players and bench.
    Also weird that their number 4 shoved the ref and got not even a word from the ref. Absolutely appalling ref today who seemingly either was from Maidenhead or was somehow intimidated by them

The ref was crap and yeah did only gone that free kick cause the Maidenhead players kicked off. I went with a Leeds fan today so neutral and he said the ref was crap, didn't give us anything apart from the penalty.

Slocombe - 7
    Brindley - 6
    Cameron - 7
    Lacey - 7
    Taylor - 6
    Francis - 7
    Taylor - 7.5
    Ruben - 5
    Roberts - 5
    Wootton - 6
    Mitchell - 5

O'Brien - 6
    Chicksen - 6

Crap first half, good second half, should have been 3-1.

Meal at Casa tonight - 8.5

Only listened on the radio - Stalls gets an 8 for making me laugh. Charlie has dropped a point this week down to a 7 for excessive Geordie Messi and Cruyff turn references.

Jake at Mansfield shifts up 1 point for only one 'I'll just have to break off because Mansfield have got the ball' comment. But then he loses 1 for sounding terrified that Clough might deck him during the post match interview.

I'm giving myself a solid 7 for the red Thai curry tonight.

Oh and 10 for Lacey's hair gel

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I'm giving myself a solid 7 for the red Thai curry tonight.
    Possibly a little premature. Where a curry is concerned, a solid 7 tonight might be the liquid equivalent tomorrow.

Possibly a little premature. Where a curry is concerned, a solid 7 tonight might be the liquid equivalent tomorrow.
    Too true Elite. Fortunately I've built up a good hot curry tolerance over the years. Unlike Matlock Pie, who bit into a chili in one of my curries recently and had to go for a lie down.

Lightweight.

Tell him to habanero the dog that bit him.

I agree, the ref made the right decision in the end but it was pure guesswork, he and the linesman didn't see the incident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast