+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    That's far too sensible. They can't have it both ways. 'She's doing it to win an election' in one breath and in the next 'no-one is going to vote SNP after this'... It's hilarious 😂
    Has one person said both those things?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Is it spot on though? Surely sending folk out to vote when they're extra plucked off at having been kept in for an extra 6 or 8 weeks at the behest of the SNP dominated Scottish government will only work against the SNP? As demonstrated by the majority of people posting on the subject here…

The only way this works out well for the SNP, is if the English relaxing their restrictions goes t1ts up and the Scottish government approach is shown to be better - in which case I would argue that they deserve any plaudits they get in terms of increased votes.
    It's a matter of timing. After the announcement yesterday a lot of folk are quite down. If things go as the SNP want (and with another 2 months of lock-down it's hard to see anything else happening) then relaxation of restrictions will be timed perfectly for them to say: see you can trust us. They hope yesterday will be forgotten as things will be rosy but I'm not so sure. It's a pretty big political risk they are taking and it can be spun anyway you like but this IS a political decision, I'm convinced of that. If someone can supply regional data for Tayside that says otherwise then I'm all for being convinced to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Just on the Tiers B, eh thought they were a good idea, i really did, it got places like highlands and islands basically back to normal for a while and it locked down places like the west coast that needed locking down due to their rates. Chick was saying we would easily be tier 2 just now so if they still want to cautious keep this lockdown going till March. I dont see why we cant enter tier 3 in March and take it from there rather than wait till end of April

Vaccines are being administered at a rate of knots and we're isolating people coming in from abroad, 2 key thing not in place last year
    Exactly J, it allowed the economy and peoples lives to keep going where they could, and any areas of concern were rightly restricted. I just don’t get, why based on current data, it will be 8-9 weeks before we JUST go back to tier 3 again?
    If you look at the current data, (generally) the North and East coast of Scotland are getting “punished”, for (generally) the West Coast of Scotland still being relatively high (BUT they are now roughly half what they were, while the Government happily had them in Tier 3 in Nov & Dec (prior to Tier 4 lockdown across Scotland)).
    As you also mention, the vaccine numbers increase daily (now a third of Scotland done?), and I said in a previous post, hospital admissions have significantly dropped too, so it contradicts the strategy previously used (protect the vulnerable, and not overburden the NHS), and statements about letting the data influence their decisions and levels.
    The cynics amongst us, are sure, she’s timing the wave of euphoria, as things do eventually relax, to coincide with the election. As Brexit and other key events have shown, do most politicians really care about Joe Public??

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    do most politicians really care about Joe Public??
    have they ever?

whilst we're on the topic these chunts caring about Joe Public see that chunt John Alexander hes never oot the f ucking papers, attention seeking wee prick

Rant over

I really hope it doesn't go tits up for the english I really hope the whole of Britain doesn't have any upsets when coming out of this.
    I hope so too - as I mentioned earlier, I live in England so definitely want everything to go as well as possible in the fight against this virus.

I'm also not a SNP voter - obviously I can't be because I live in England, but I just can't buy into this idea that they are orchestrating this to benefit their party in some way when it comes to the elections in May. Surely far too big a risk to take and, if the consensus on here is indicative, they've massively misread the room.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Surely far too big a risk to take and, if the consensus on here is indicative, they've massively misread the room.
    It's a deliberate and calculated gamble, IMHO.

Wee bit back tracking by Queen Nicola today saying some rural parts may go straight to level 2. Common sense prevailing in that sense but what about the others like Dundee and Angus who could and should also do the same?

Wee bit back tracking by Queen Nicola today saying some rural parts may go straight to level 2. Common sense prevailing in that sense but what about the others like Dundee and Angus who could and should also do the same?
    "It may be by the time we get to 26 April we have greater confidence in where we are in the fight against the virus that some parts of the country can go straight to level two and hopefully we will see the whole country go to level two in the not-too-distant future".

Why couldn't she say this yesterday? F*cking idiot. What an effect yesterday's statement has had on people.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    "It may be by the time we get to 26 April we have greater confidence in where we are in the fight against the virus that some parts of the country can go straight to level two and hopefully we will see the whole country go to level two in the not-too-distant future".

Why couldn't she say this yesterday? F*cking idiot. What an effect yesterday's statement has had on people.
    She did say yesterday that things may happen more quickly as long as the numbers keep going the right way.

Although i didnt see Queen Nic today,(cant call her that btw, people dont like it) was it back tracking, or giving up to date information on what has always been a very fluid situation, which at times has evolved and overtaken the best efforts of any government?

Page 40 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)