+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyche signs new deal...

Dyche signs new deal...

You would probably have agreed to another 4 years if your employers had offered you the money SD gets

I know there's many who'll be chuffed by the news of his continued residence.....not I.

one more.

Excellent news Long live Sir Dyche,the Clarets saviour,without him we would probably be playing the likes of Barrow and Stockport County.
    Now that's sorted we can concentrate on staying up again without worrying if he was going to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by norder View Post

I know there's many who'll be chuffed by the news of his continued residence.....not i.

one more.

xd
    ktf.

I have mixed feelings, to be honest. Stability can be very helpful - see Forest who have changed Manager every year since whenever, or Watford. However, if the money and, as a result, the quality of player is there, it is not as important - see Chelsea.

Apparently SD and Pace “share the same vision”. That could not be said of SD and Garlick. The latter’s vision was how big his bank balance could be. Unfortunately for the fans, we are not told what that vision is!

Surely, that vision has to include improving the first team squad. My mixed feelings relate to SD’s vision of the first team squad and who he plays. He always says that no one is guaranteed a shirt. However, how often does he change the starting 11 unless injury forces him to do so? He seems unable to respond to changes in tactics by the opposition (see Brighton and Everton). The timing of the use of subs is questionable. He rarely gives youth a chance.

We shall see what happens in January and, in the meantime, what happens on the pitch.

I think this news will settle the squad down and keep the younger players on board.

If Dyche can bed Roberts, Collins and Cornet into the starting eleven we might even start playing a bit of expansive football.

Dyche has not let us down during his long tenure, let's get behind him and hope for the best!

They said it was never in any doubt- why did it take so long to sort this out ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    They said it was never in any doubt- why did it take so long to sort this out ?
    He's not the sort of guy to panic is Dyche malwayne, time was on his side - he still had almost a year to run on his existing contract and I am 100% certain he will have got written reassurances that money will be made available in the next window.

He also needs to tie down quite a few player contracts, so because he's staying it might persuade a few others to do the same...

Attachment 19943

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)