+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I missed something?

Have I missed something?

Was it me not being attentive enough regarding goings on in the country or do we having some sort of national selective vision? Last week a police officer was shot dead in a police station by a piece of low life but I don’t remember seeing a Police Lives Matter protest anywhere? Maybe such demonstrations are only appropriate to one section of society?

Thank you Kettering. I’m not alone after all.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Was it me not being attentive enough regarding goings on in the country or do we having some sort of national selective vision? Last week a police officer was shot dead in a police station by a piece of low life but I don’t remember seeing a Police Lives Matter protest anywhere? Maybe such demonstrations are only appropriate to one section of society?
    Not alone. Enough is enough. Every life matters. I wrote the following on Sunday on a different thread but there was no response so considered I was out of touch. Below is what I wrote..........

“On a different note, I turned on Match of the Day this morning and was greeted by players kneeling on one knee. Turned it straight off. I thought political statements were banned (remember the poppy ban on internationals for the Home countries) give it up for Christ’s sake. BLM it is a movement that has entered a frightening era, intent on destroying democracy, and sounds a bit like something already out there with the same motive”.

I will go further and suggest the intimidation towards members of the public who believe that every or all lives matter is nothing more disgraceful than the what they claim to be supporters of. Shocking movement.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    Thank you Kettering. I’m not alone after all.
    Same here.

I purposely didn’t post first on this and waited to see who’d have the balls to front up first so well played Kets.

What a lot of these Liberal white types about all this BLM stuff is this and I’m going to be pretty blunt on this.

IF........IF they ever get the upper hand across society they will love nothing better than bringing the hammer down on white people.

They’ll feel they owe us 300 years of suffering for starters!

I’m not saying all ethnic people are like this, far from it. I have Asian friends ( particularly from the Indian community) who are lovely people.

I’m talking about the aggressive, in your face types such as the ones involved in these Black Power style militia groups and the like.

There are plenty of black racists out there and I’d be surprised if they don’t equate to the number of white racist scum we have amongst our own creed.

It’s convenient how the media have brushed aside this murderers colour.

I now turn the TV over if anyone takes the knee or if that c Hunt Lewis Hamilton spouts on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Same here.

I purposely didn’t post first on this and waited to see who’d have the balls to front up first so well played Kets.

What a lot of these Liberal white types about all this BLM stuff is this and I’m going to be pretty blunt on this.

IF........IF they ever get the upper hand across society they will love nothing better than bringing the hammer down on white people.

They’ll feel they owe us 300 years of suffering for starters!

I’m not saying all ethnic people are like this, far from it. I have Asian friends ( particularly from the Indian community) who are lovely people.

I’m talking about the aggressive, in your face types such as the ones involved in these Black Power style militia groups and the like.

There are plenty of black racists out there and I’d be surprised if they don’t equate to the number of white racist scum we have amongst our own creed.

It’s convenient how the media have brushed aside this murderers colour.

I now turn the TV over if anyone takes the knee or if that c Hunt Lewis Hamilton spouts on the subject.
    Idiots like Hamilton are nothing more than fools who do more harm to race relations than they do good. Always wanted him to do well because he is British. Now, I could not care if he lost every race he participates in. Why, simple because of the divisions he is creating in his own country as well as globally. Absolute idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Idiots like Hamilton are nothing more than fools who do more harm to race relations than they do good. Always wanted him to do well because he is British. Now, I could not care if he lost every race he participates in. Why, simple because of the divisions he is creating in his own country as well as globally. Absolute idiot.
    Entitled little w a n k e r totally closeted from real life BMG.

Maybe give a chunk of that near £40m a year to help out deprived kids of all colours in his old home area?

Maybe not.

Sadly racism will always be present, it’s just another nasty quality that many humans have, and it’s not the only nasty quality in our human’s nature. I am never shocked and surprised by what we all can do to each other.
    I’m in no doubt that in the USA there is institution racism in many aspect of their society and you have to be blind not to see it.
    I do however think that the BLM campaign is now actually driving a wedge between ethnic groups in our society in the UK. Honestly I don’t think I have a racist bone in my body but I’m now constantly made aware of differences. I’m beginning to see my fellow black colleagues at work as somehow different whereas before it never crossed my mind.
    I see the Natural Trust desperately trawling though their achieves looking for links to slavery. But I watched a program on Pompeii the other day and it said that the Roman Empire enslaved at least 200 million people !
    So are we now to pull down all of those historic monuments in Italy?, or maybe ask the Italians for reparations. If we are then maybe we should include the descendants of those invaders who came to our shores in the past and raped, pillaged and plundered the indigenous population at the time.
    So it’s a big NO to racism from me, and I suspect there may just be a few on this board who may not share this view entirely.
    So I would prefer if those who wish to stir up trouble on both sides to shut up and let the rest of the normal moderate people just get along together as we were doing reasonably well before.
    Positive discrimination is still discrimination and flooding the TV with black faces will NOT fix the issue. Making a new Hitler but with a black face rallying the young and impressionable and preaching hate and is not the answer either.
    But equally those of us from a typical 50-70 Britain need to realise that we are a multicultural society and we can never go back to the days of the Empire !

The post above is an excellent one.

I think Social Media has a lot to answer for.

The ease with which people are connected and the ease with which people who you don’t want to connect with can connect with you and ruin your mind and your life is quite frightening now.

It’s driven the hate filled and the narcissists and sociopath to a new level.

Inter connectivity has allowed millions of bad people to break free from their sad lives and destroy and manipulate the weak and disaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Entitled little w a n k e r totally closeted from real life BMG.

Maybe give a chunk of that near £40m a year to help out deprived kids of all colours in his old home area?

Maybe not.
    Does not the BLM also have a Marxist agenda? If so, and if that agenda was implemented and litetarally followed through, would not Hamilton lose all his riches!? 😎

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post

This cop though was not into drug crime, been in prison or pointed a gun at a pregnant woman. You can't make it up! Now many schools are doing Black History - why? Why not cover all types of History as they do with religion?

All this - " I don't see blacks as CEO'S - Board Directors blah blah blah is hogwash as quite simply many don't value education and many are not educated enough. Look at the Asians - they are the opposite - work hard - value education - many Asians kill themselves to afford to send their kids to private schools even if it means a huge sacrifice. Good luck to them as they work hard. Look at Rishi and Priti Patel - they deserve to be in those positions as two very educated people whose goal has been to achieve and succeed.

All this taking the knee now is embarrassing and bollox - yes ok for the first time but should people still be in the streets every week clapping the NHS?

PS - then you wonder why players like Ferguson and Berahino have chips on shoulders and think the world owes them a living!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 01-10-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)