+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forest away

Forest away

Any takers?
    There were 4 of us travelling to Forest by train on Saturday.
    Unfortunately one has cried off.
    There is a match ticket and train travel available for 30 quid.

re: Forest away

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyShoeshine
    Any takers?
    There were 4 of us travelling to Forest by train on Saturday.
    Unfortunately one has cried off.
    There is a match ticket and train travel available for 30 quid.
    Jonny
    Sorry not interested in your ticket but could i ask how much you paid for your train ticket. 2 of us going on Sat & we were looking at taking the train but it's coming out at A?80 return each????

I paid just short of 27 quid return.

Jock,
    If you are still interested I have just been on the website.
    If you go from Wigan to Manchester as one return journey its 4.20
    Then Manchester Piccadily to Nottingham as a return journey it is 21.60.
    There is then a couple of quid as a booking fee and you can pick tickets up at station on day of travel.
    There are certain trains which are cheaper to travel on.
    We are 08.56 out of Wigan into Piccadily at around 09.30 then 09.43 to Nottingham arriving at 11.27.
    Coming back we leave at 18.47 in Piccadily at around 20.35 then 21.20 back to WIgan.
    Hope this helps.

If you decide to go on train,we will be in the cafe across from wallgate station about 8 am and you can have one of the train tickets for 20 so you only need to book for one.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyShoeshine
    If you decide to go on train,we will be in the cafe across from wallgate station about 8 am and you can have one of the train tickets for 20 so you only need to book for one.
    Jonny
    Just realised in my post that i didn't mention that we are staying over. That's probably why it's alot dearer i guess. Really appreciate the info & the offer tho ...thanks & enjoy the match, hopefully a good win & 3 points towards our promotion push

Fingers crossed.
    Should be a good turnout too.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)