+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...0-18321916.amp

Tory MP admits he got on a train from London despite showing virus symptoms.

Should he be sacked as MP? No, BECAUSE HE PLAYED NO PART IN WRITING OR COMMUNICATING THE RULES THAT WE SHOULD ALL BE FOLLOWING.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 28-05-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Should he be sacked as MP? No, BECAUSE HE PLAYED NO PART IN WRITING OR COMMUNICATING THE RULES THAT WE SHOULD ALL BE FOLLOWING.
    WOW, just WOW.

So only Cummings needs to follow the rules and no one else in the country needs to as they didn't write the rules. Glad that has been cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    WOW, just WOW.

So only Cummings needs to follow the rules and no one else in the country needs to as they didn't write the rules. Glad that has been cleared up
    Not only Cummings. Amongst others who devised and communicated those rules were Catherine Calderwood and Neil Ferguson. They resigned for breaking those rules and Ferguson didn’t even leave his house! Or then make up a bullsh!t story trying to explain himself.

In other news Cummings’ castle owning father-in-law rides a horse across the country accompanied by his secretary and retainer. Really smashing it to those elites.

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/si...mpression=true

All this in the light of the fact that the UK has the 2nd highest number of excess deaths in the entire world. And the woman in charge of the track and testing is the same woman who lost millions of people’s data as head of TalkTalk and is on the same board of the Jockey Club that thought it was a good idea for the Cheltenham festival to go ahead.

She’s married to a Tory MP of course.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 28-05-2020 at 04:18 PM.

At the time that was written the journey to Barnard Castle was not published and I will stand by what I said as driving to Durham did not break any laws, so should not lose his job.
    I think you are 'doing a Cummings' here and telling a porky! You wrote "At the end of the day he has not broken any laws so no need to lose his job. End off. Simple as that" an hour after he spoke about the Barnard Castle trip in his Downing Street rose garden press conference!

I can't answer your other questions because I don't know the specific details of what they supposedly did and what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Backbench MPs cannot be sacked, except by their constituency electorate. They very occasionally resign, such as when they are convicted of a serious criminal act. The party whip can be removed from them but in that case they remain as an independent MP.

Ministers can be sacked from their ministerial posts by the Prime Minister, though it’s more common for them to retain a little dignity by resigning first.

Special advisers such as Cummings can be sacked or resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you are 'doing a Cummings' here and telling a porky! You wrote "At the end of the day he has not broken any laws so no need to lose his job. End off. Simple as that" an hour after he spoke about the Barnard Castle trip in his Downing Street rose garden press conference!

I can't answer your other questions because I don't know the specific details of what they supposedly did and what they said.
    I am not doing a Cummings.

Sorry for the confusion and my wording was incorrect. I had not seen the published report when I wrote that or even watched the interview, as I could not be a***d to listen to it, so posted that on the information I had at that moment in time. And yes, I should have checked the updated story before that post, but just could't be bothered to, but if I did then I would have come to the conclusion I am at now and that if it was just a drive North then he was in his rights to do so but the trip to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight was crap and that is why he needs to resign

When the report came out and after I read it, then my opinion did change, not for the drive to Durham, but for the trip to Barnard Castle. So yes, a u-turn by me was made and I admit that, but we are allowed to change our minds when new facts come to light, and in this case that is something I have done.

My main issue is that many were calling for him to be sacked before the Barnard Castle story was known, on the issue that he drove 260 miles to Durham from London which broke the rules/law. So what I want to know why were there not more calls for all those MP's who have also done the same like driving many miles (Blackford) or visited others (Kinnock), attending funerals (Tahir Ali) etc. If you want to single out one person and not the others, then that to me is plain wrong as the rules should apply to all no matter how much of a weasel (Cummings) you are. This is not about left or right, Tory or SNP or Labour, this is about what is right or wrong and the punishment should be the same for all.

WOW, just WOW.

So only the people who enacted the law against shoplifting have to obey it then?

Woohoo, I'm off down Morrows...........

It's quite warm so I think I'll wear me minor breaches.
    Last edited by countygump; 28-05-2020 at 05:07 PM.

I am not doing a Cummings.

Sorry for the confusion and my wording was incorrect. I had not seen the published report when I wrote that or even watched the interview, as I could not be a***d to listen to it, so posted that on the information I had at that moment in time. And yes, I should have checked the updated story before that post, but just could't be bothered to, but if I did then I would have come to the conclusion I am at now and that if it was just a drive North then he was in his rights to do so but the trip to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight was crap and that is why he needs to resign

When the report came out and after I read it, then my opinion did change, not for the drive to Durham, but for the trip to Barnard Castle. So yes, a u-turn by me was made and I admit that, but we are allowed to change our minds when new facts come to light, and in this case that is something I have done.

My main issue is that many were calling for him to be sacked before the Barnard Castle story was known, on the issue that he drove 260 miles to Durham from London which broke the rules/law. So what I want to know why were there not more calls for all those MP's who have also done the same like driving many miles (Blackford) or visited others (Kinnock), attending funerals (Tahir Ali) etc. If you want to single out one person and not the others, then that to me is plain wrong as the rules should apply to all no matter how much of a weasel (Cummings) you are. This is not about left or right, Tory or SNP or Labour, this is about what is right or wrong and the punishment should be the same for all.
    I think you are confusing punishment, which should be the same for all under the law and fitness to continue doing your job. Anyone who broke the law or regulations should be subject to those regulations as set out. BUT if you were a major part of setting out those regulations and the message they were intended to convey and you then flout them and continue to defy it in the face of public anger and open hostility and turning away from the rules, then you should be relieved of your job. That isn't punishment it's a management decision. That's what happened to Calderwood and Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    So only the people who enacted the law against shoplifting have to obey it then?

Woohoo, I'm off down Morrows...........
    The hard of learning are out in force today. Being sacked isn't enforcing the law !

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast