+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Choking on breakfast.

Choking on breakfast.

Flicking through a news feed it says that Stevenage have spent a six figure sum on a player from Cheltenham, my breakfast was on its way down, now its all over the computer screen.

Stevenage havent got six fans never mind six figures in money.

Burton are spending money all over the place, got a player from Birmingham, the new owners want success.

Meanwhile United slumber, the best players are being snapped up, the prospect of United spending six figures on a player is laughable. Having said that, the value of money cannot be lower, you can spend a lot of money on any item, especially food, and buy crap.

United may even finish bottom, Crawley have new owners, a resurgence with a good manager, the tempo of survival, success ever goes up.

When will Barry spend more than a shilling on the playing side? He wont, hes as tight as a ducks as ss. He is as calculated as a calculating machine, to within a decimal point, a master manipulator, a seller of false truths.

All hes done is redecorate Clare college, im sure on surviving in div 1 he has celebrated, or has he? I wonder if he really wanted united down. Certainly his behaviour points to that.

The players he signs are like a shopkeeper who flogs nearly out of date veg, or a back street car dealer who fiddles the mileage, if they are cheap hes in.

United fans, yes im talking to you, yes YOU, you will scoff at this. What, when all is said and done, i am proved right, what then?

I should plan a church, a shrine like Walsingham where you can go to worship me, i will have statues, confessionals, yes you will need that to confess and apologise. There will be a collection box which will be stuffed with notes, and yes you can light candles.

My biggest statue will be of me dressed in a cassock, pointing and laughing at you. With a sign above my head like Jesus had above hiis head on the cross,

Mine will say....

AS SHOLES.

Walsingham, the Lourdes of britain, a wonderful place, i go occasionally. When i build my church it will be on Petersfield, Mill Road.

I would love to visit your church when you build it Frank and happily bow before as you perform countless miracles in front of me but I’m slightly worried about the first commandment in the bible? Is there anyway I could get around this without the big man finding out?

I was only kidding. Having said that, have you ever thought what the origins of god, the Universe are? God, uncle Bob, or whatever he is called is watching this. Everything is connected like the internet, the Universe is a giant organism, that galaxies that existed before the big bang, yes they have found them, are connected to the earth.

Did god start as a single celled organism in a bog far far away, in a galaxy that existed before any measurement of eternity.

Eternity exists, the universe has no limits, and if he or she did, what god was reigning over him?

That single celled organism was able to grow, develop into the gaffer of this neighbourhood. How do you become a god?, a super developed being, whos only interest is to love, not in a human way, but in a far advanced way, as near death experiencers...have experienced. That your feelings for coco are multiplied beyond imagination.

How far on this road will you go, or i, certainly some can only go so far, as all is reflected in life on the human plane.

Or is it that we are already god, that upon death we rejoin the greater consciousness? that the brain is just a limiter so we can experience stuff.

And upon discussing such, here we are discussing football, while all around us the mind blowing fact of existence is taken for granted.

To exist...is to experience. That from nothing something comes. And in all of this incredible situation, i too bow, take the knee to creation, and the geezer that made it happen.

And that to discuss football to the almighty, must be like watching a toddler play with bricks. Maybe sometime you and maybe i will become a god, maybe we are now.

Certainly the bible says so, that "ye are all gods". Celebrate, you have eternal life.....to marvel at Stevenage Borough having six figures to spend.

How else are we to pass time.....that never ends.

I constantly think about the ifs and buts of God and religion and even more so the nearer the end becomes,it’s to deep to go into now as I’ve not got the time and let’s face it we aren’t going to get to the bottom of the problem on a football forum on a Tuesday afternoon

The main crux of the problem for me is not if there is a God but more if there’s a different God,what if Mohammad welcomes us into heaven and Christianity was just the devils work to mess up our minds,the older I get the more doubt that there is and if there is no heaven or hell and it just finishes when we die then it might just be the best scenario,st least I can leave knowing that I did my best when I was down here I suppose
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 18-06-2024 at 11:59 AM.

Yes i know, you only trot out religion when it suits you.

What are the chances of County going up next year?, have they made any signings?, i might put a pound on them as County will always be in there as thay are a big club with a lot of fans.

Conceding 87 goals is a bit of a laff, did you have a defence last year?

Im on bet 365 and made a profit, when it comes to gambling im not a stupido. I bet you lost a lot, do you want to know how? Its a hundred.

I’ve got to be in the mood to talk religion Frank and if I raise a question on here then it’s about 24 hours later when I finally get a reply from you,in that time I’ve probably headed over to YouTube and watched videos of kittens playing with balls of wool or something and lost the thread of the conversation

Have a pound on Notts to go up but not automatically,our defence has been strengthened and we’ve kept the same attacking players so we might be in with a chance this time

What’s a hundred,Is that referring to my loss or your winnings? I did all right last season and made a heathy profit which helped me putting on bets throughout the season,next season I won’t be gambling and not because I don’t want to but because the money is needed for something else,sometimes you have to tighten the purse strings

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)