+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGM on Mon 13th April 2015

AGM on Mon 13th April 2015

Now is the time for AFC Supporters to get their questions ready after our unbelievable downfall in 2015.
    No excuses or moaning after the event either turn up on the night if you are a season ticket holder/shareholder or pass your question onto somebody you know who is going or post a question on here.
    My main gripe was the lack of quality signings in January when we were 8 points clear at the top of the league (so you would assume players would want to sign for us) because we were hit by injuries so required bodies in, i.e. was this the Managers fault or was no funding given to him?

Just to put boot in further to us both S-cumtrose and East Fife who had healthy victories over us have both been pumped by other teams since.

re: AGM on Mon 13th April 2015

I would like to know why an experienced defender like Marvin Andrews was not signed in January to replace Aldin. You can see every time Andrews plays against us he is Man of the match due to his strength and aerial ability.

Also I believe we should have signed another striker to put more pressure on the Murray and McManus which would have kept their work rate up, not saying their work rate has dropped but they would work harder to stay in the first team with someone stepping on their toes trying to get in the first team as i do not think Smith and Buchan are providing enough competition for them.

Also, why did the management rush to use up all the loan signing when you see other teams loaning players now which is what we could have done to stengthen the team knowing we are struggling now. Thomas Grant was the most pointless signing of all the loan deals as he does not add anything to the team. I would have have rather brought back K.McWalter back from his loan deal.

Why did the mana

This Marvin Andrews chat needs to stop.

Elgin conceded approximately 0.3 goals per game less without him this season.

Since Montrose signed him, they have conceded approximately 0.3 more goals per game.

The question is why haven't we exploited him like the other teams have.

Well, performances on the field are important but is the main point of the AGM not primarily the performance of AFC Ltd.? So I think I'd like to see much more focus on that side of things

Since the Annual Accounts tend to be produced so late (up to May 14), even questions tend to be a bit dated - so it would be good to see them out and an AGM held within 6 months rather than 10

1. Main reasons for moving from £31,804 profit in 2013-14 to £32,326 loss in 2014-15

Some cost elements seemed to have leapt up inexplicably in one year - eg police and ambulance (x 6). However many elements show a reduction (eg travel and subsistence) probably the fact we were in Div 1 and had the Celtic cuptie distorts the picture

2. Overall, you get the impression AFc is still a fairly tightly run club, kept on an even keel and able to capitalise on occasional windfalls such as top cuties. However, there is concern that there is no quite enough dynamism, enterprise and innovation compared wi

The dundee youth team play on the pitch during the week that's why its in such bad shape.. When does the year end for the accounts? As if that £30k+ loss includes the Hibs game and Simon Murrays transfer fee then it's a cause for concern...

accounts in the agm balance sheet are for year ending May 31st 2014

I know the wear and tear by the Dundee development squad is a factor but it's not the only one. And the use of the covers to protect against frost may be another contributory factor.

The pitch itself is now very uneven so it suggest there may be a need for rehabilitation not just maintenance. I'm sure the part time groundsman does his best .. and it used to be a source of pride that he was out at halftime doing small running repairs

Do you need to be a shareholder to attend the AGM? I am a season ticket holder but do not have any 'shares'.

Thanks in advance for any replies/answers!

I'm fairly sure that you only need a season ticket to gain entry.

Sorry but I think you have to be a shareholder to gain entry. IF you have received a copy of the minutes of the last a.g.m.then you are okay as you also receive a proxy voting form if you are unable to attend.
    A phone call to the club would clarify it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)