+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Telegraph

The Telegraph

I think that the following article just about "sums up" where we are!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-has-disaster/

Alto was right all along, Garlick is a charlatan.

What a depressing read. 😪

Seems like I was wrong about our new owners, I said they had already lost us our Premier League status and the best manager we've ever had, but it seems they've also lost us our Cat One Academy status as well.

After they've lost us all our best players this summer....................what next ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seems like I was wrong about our new owners, I said they had already lost us our Premier League status and the best manager we've ever had, but it seems they've also lost us our Cat One Academy status as well.

After they've lost us all our best players this summer....................what next ?
    As Sub says Sinkov-life goes on.That life could be in League One but it still goes on.If you were a bright upcoming manager would you want the BFC job?

Come on gentlemen , yes they leveraged the buy out but they’re not responsible for us falling out of the premier league or the academy status that was all down to previous directors and management team as much as we’d like to say differently- Garlick sunk the club - fact ! He refused to support the manger for several seasons , Dyche as we discussed many times had a get out of jail card he carried in his pocket because the argument is / was what can he do with limited players he has and no investment- to add to the woes a pandemic struck in the buy out / takeover.

Just to put it out there, on here we all said and knew this was coming for the last three - four years and the posts will be there if you all look back, we’ve been going on about lack
    Of investment refreshing the squad and Dyche s poor football for some time .

So we are now at the point we all said we’d be to blame the yanks for our relegation isn’t right yes they aren’t what I would call fit and proper owners ( something else Garlick and the EPL are culpable for imo anyway ) but our demise is due to bad management of the club , bad football on the pitch and no
    Investment for several years before they even arrived with us.

I know we’re in a horrible situation and yes it’s not right how they’ve done it but for me the previous owners and the EPL have an awful lot to answer for in this scenario- we’ve got short memories on here about how we ended up where we are today.

Will Unwin writing for the Guardian offers a realistic appraisal. The comparison with Huddersfield Town is very relevant I feel.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ritical-summer

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The comparison with Huddersfield Town is very relevant I feel.
    Hopefully it is BT, but that's the upside, survival in the Championship and as a going concern is the best we can hope for. The downside doesn't bear thinking about.

Hopefully it is BT, but that's the upside, survival in the Championship and as a going concern is the best we can hope for. The downside doesn't bear thinking about.
    We have the player assets sinkov to float the boat, just as long as we don't repeat the Tarkowski debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on gentlemen , yes they leveraged the buy out but they’re not responsible for us falling out of the premier league or the academy status that was all down to previous directors and management team as much as we’d like to say differently- Garlick sunk the club - fact ! He refused to support the manger for several seasons , Dyche as we discussed many times had a get out of jail card he carried in his pocket because the argument is / was what can he do with limited players he has and no investment- to add to the woes a pandemic struck in the buy out / takeover.

Just to put it out there, on here we all said and knew this was coming for the last three - four years and the posts will be there if you all look back, we’ve been going on about lack
    Of investment refreshing the squad and Dyche s poor football for some time .

So we are now at the point we all said we’d be to blame the yanks for our relegation isn’t right yes they aren’t what I would call fit and proper owners ( something else Garlick and the EPL are culpable for imo anyway ) but our demise is due to bad management of the club , bad football on the pitch and no
    Investment for several years before they even arrived with us.

I know we’re in a horrible situation and yes it’s not right how they’ve done it but for me the previous owners and the EPL have an awful lot to answer for in this scenario- we’ve got short memories on here about how we ended up where we are today.
    I think most of us know exactly why we are where we are Army, a lack of investment on the playing side over several years by Garlick and his chums. Any new owners must have known investment was required, but instead of putting money in they've loaded the club with debt, and accelerated our downward trajectory.

They 'bought' the club under false pretences but what really grates with me is the lies. I listened carefully to Pace in his first public interview, he was asked how much investment there would be on players, he wouldn't put a figure on it but said, if the manager asked for money to buy players he wouldn't be disappointed. It was a lie, I don't know about Dyche but I've been disappointed with the money made available to strengthen the squad, off hand I couldn't tell you the amount they've laid out, outgoing less incoming, but I can easily find out, and I guarantee you it's a pittance by PL standards and as result we're relegated.

He was also asked about the possibility of being relegated, he said he was relaxed about the prospect, we would cope with a relegation to the Championship and rebound to get back into the PL. This was another lie, he must have known about the debt repayment clause which is now putting the future of the club at risk, but chose to keep it to himself, move along please, nothing to see here.

Fool me once Army, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I've got their card well and truly marked, they're not going to be fooling me again.

Incidentally, our Academy status was provisionally upgraded to Cat One under Garlick, we're about to lose that status under ALK, although the club are in denial at the moment, they say they know nothing about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...cademy-status/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)