+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Racism in the UK

Bless her, she's a National Treasure, but I'll manage without the momento thanks. Have you tried Ebay, there's some right garbage makes good money on there.

No profit intended, I was gifting it to you sinkov as a token of my unadulterated love for your right wing nonsense, checks and balances and all of that...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You do talk some tripe BT, you and me, as white as the driven snow, can go on one of these protests and we're as likely to get arrested as anyone else. One of the Met's prime targets this last year has been Piers Corbyn, and he was white last time I checked. We've just had an independent inquiry reporting on institutional racism in this country, it found there wasn't any. Which all sensible people knew anyway.
    My argument sinkov is that the Metropolitan Police demonstrate prejudice, discrimination and antagonism towards young black males.

Personally, I see little everyday discrimination directed against any single person or group of people based on their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, such as Muslims.

I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone in Clitheroe who isn't white, but here in Bolton we have a very diverse, multi-cultural population of around 300,000. I have lived here for over ten years now and see no evidence of "racism".

Institutional racism is however a more very challenging area to define because of its very secretive nature. I read of loads of pay outs being awarded to people (usually black), because of racial discrimination that has become established as normal behaviour within a society or organization, just like the Metropolitan Police force or NHS.

Which brings me back 360 degrees to where I started this discussion.

"Institutional racism, also known as systemic racism, is a form of racism that is embedded through laws within society or an organization."

Can you point out BT, which laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, call them what you like, which govern how the Met is run, allows, encourages or condones racism, or it's officers to act in a racist manner ?

That individual officers in the Met are racist is indisputable, every police force will have them, most walks of life will have them, this is not proof that the organisations they work for, or the country they live in, is institutionally racist.

There are a few BAMEs in Clitheroe, there is no problem, when I lived over Burnley way I did see evidence of racism, it was almost entirely involving sections of the Asian community, they fought each other like rats in a sack, and I had a ringside seat. There were no white people involved at all.

"Institutional racism, also known as systemic racism, is a form of racism that is embedded through laws within society or an organization."

Can you point out BT, which laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, call them what you like, which govern how the Met is run, allows, encourages or condones racism, or it's officers to act in a racist manner ?

That individual officers in the Met are racist is indisputable, every police force will have them, most walks of life will have them, this is not proof that the organisations they work for, or the country they live in, is institutionally racist.

There are a few BAMEs in Clitheroe, there is no problem, when I lived over Burnley way I did see evidence of racism, it was almost entirely involving sections of the Asian community, they fought each other like rats in a sack, and I had a ringside seat. There were no white people involved at all.
    First hit on google and they are popping up like rabbits with a ferret in the hole...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-bame-officers

There appears to be two separate debates here
    1) Racism
    2) Abusive power.
    Living in Burnley, albeit in an area where the residents are unanimously white British, I have not seen a lot of racist behaviour. The only time I saw racism was when I was in hospital and on the same ward were two Asians one an Indian and the other Pakistani. During visiting times, it was common to see the hatred between to two families nothing to do with skin colour more to do with things happening in their countries of origin.
    As for the abuse of power, during the 1970’s I had a friend who was a police sergeant and had been seconded to South Yorkshire during the miners strike. He said that they hated arriving on site to be teamed with officers from London’s Metropolitan Police force, as they knew that there would be trouble because if the miners were being peaceful in their protest, then the Metropolitan police officers would ensure they provoked violence, he said it seemed to be in their culture. Almost 50 years on it seems things have not changed. With all the recent publicity surrounding our home secretary I think she is unlikely to inspire confidence that our government will act to root out any institutional racism or bullying within the Metropolitan Police Force.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First hit on google and they are popping up like rabbits with a ferret in the hole...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-bame-officers
    I am astounded BT, you could knock me down with a feather, the Grauniad has found evidence of institutional racism in the Met. Well that's settled it then hasn't it.

Stop wasting my time you silly old bugger.

I am astounded BT, you could knock me down with a feather, the Grauniad has found evidence of institutional racism in the Met. Well that's settled it then hasn't it.

Stop wasting my time you silly old bugger.
    I actually told the wife you would say that!

I actually told the wife you would say that!
    I'm sure you did BT, you know that I know how the Grauniad works, a Grauniad sub-editor can summon up a dozen or more witnesses to racism in the Met with one snap of her fingers, (actually I'm thinking about back in the day, nowadays she'd be able to summon up a couple of hundred racism in the Met stories with one tap on her keyboard). And I know that you know how the Grauniad works, and you know that I know that you know.

I need a cup of tea now to clear my head, to be continued tomorrow.

My argument sinkov is that the Metropolitan Police demonstrate prejudice, discrimination and antagonism towards young black males.

Personally, I see little everyday discrimination directed against any single person or group of people based on their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, such as Muslims.

I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone in Clitheroe who isn't white, but here in Bolton we have a very diverse, multi-cultural population of around 300,000. I have lived here for over ten years now and see no evidence of "racism".

Institutional racism is however a more very challenging area to define because of its very secretive nature. I read of loads of pay outs being awarded to people (usually black), because of racial discrimination that has become established as normal behaviour within a society or organization, just like the Metropolitan Police force or NHS.

Which brings me back 360 degrees to where I started this discussion.
    You shouldn’t be going out BT , no jabs no mask telling cashiers what you think of them

Stay home keep us all safe please ��

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)