Having some time to kill before my lift on Saturday, I wandered around to the main entrance. Hoards of youngsters from Korea were waiting for Hwang, all decked out in Wolves merchandise. While many autograph hunters stood around, and mingled with a number of Palace fans watching their victorious players board their coach.

During the on field awards, young Dani Angel was awarded the Academy player of the year, and there he was outside with his father and his younger brother. He stands well over six foot tall and his younger brother even taller. I struck up a conversation with his father, who said they had chosen Wolves rather than a London cub because they thought he would have more chance of progressing. He also made the point that some clubs just sign players to stop others getting them. As a few recognised him, some autograph hunters appeared. I told him to get used to it and wished him well. He looks a very level headed young man.

As I turned, a small figure with jet black hair and a moustache and small beard appeared and was swamped by fans. I had never realised how small Pedro Neto was. He looked a bit grumpy, but he did smile for the photos. Then a tall giant appeared in shorts and Wolves training gear. It was Sasa Kalajdzic, He is a big unit. If only he could stay fit. He spent a good deal of time ducking down to pose for photographs with the children, and signed shirts and programs for them.

It is so good to see the connection between the players and fans, long may it continue.