+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today its my Birthday

Today its my Birthday

Today I am 50 years old (gulp!)
    My Dad first took me to Hillsborough when I was 4 years old so I have supported the Owls for 46 years apart from 1 month when my cousin persuaded me to support dirty Leeds during the Don Revie era. Why did I bother and I soon saw the light.
    My 22 year old and 19 year old I have passed down the blue and white.
    I thought Id share my thoughts with my fellow Wednesdayites.

Best Manager: Probably Big Ron
    Worst: Without a doubt Peter Eustace followed by David Pleat.

Favourite players: David Sunley, Brian Prendergast, Andy McCullough, Willie Henderson, Tommy Craig, Hirsty, Roland Nielson, Mick Lyons, Gary Bannister, Varadi, Sheridan, Waddle, Di Canio

Most skilfull: Di Canio followed by Waddle

All time waste of money: Klas Ingersson. Think we paid 800K and he was garbage

Most upsetting match: Semi final of Fa Cup SWFC v Everton. I was sat in Everton end and convinced we were gonna win the Cup. Totally gutted. Followed by semi final V Brighton. Should have w

re: Today its my Birthday

Happy birthday pal, first, is your username barnowl or bamowl, I know we have both but I can never tell which is which on screen, they both look the same to me.

Second & more important...50 years old, get your prostate checked, I was 50 & boy was that a shock.

Can relate to all your football memories, the two semi final losses seem just like yesterday...I think the Brighton one hurt the most.

And ..I know you'll kick yourself that you called Mick, Brian.

Willie Henderson was a joy to watch, the way he got round those fullbacks was class.

Enjoy your party, I hope Carlton Palmer isn't anything like he comes across in the media...let us know..

Talking about Don Revie, I met him when he was England manager at the Royal Vic Hotel, an England 11 were playing Wednesday, can't remember why, & he was asking me about Eric Potts...I told him he'd better put two men on him..

Thanks Aussie. Bam Owl

The Prostate check Ive got that to look forward to when I get back from my hols. My Dad has Prostate cancer and has about 6 months left
    I just hope when I turn around the Doctors not pulling up his flies.

Yeah Brighton game was horrible but Everton edged it for me.

Yes I am kicking myself. At the time Id had a bottle of red (trying to calm the nerves) and was thinking about Brian Joicey too. He was ok but not a great.

I will report back on Palmer.

How could I forget Eric Potts. Red haired little maestro. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by bamowl
    Thanks Aussie. Bam Owl

The Prostate check Ive got that to look forward to when I get back from my hols. My Dad has Prostate cancer and has about 6 months left
    I just hope when I turn around the Doctors not pulling up his flies.

Yeah Brighton game was horrible but Everton edged it for me.

Yes I am kicking myself. At the time Id had a bottle of red (trying to calm the nerves) and was thinking about Brian Joicey too. He was ok but not a great.

I will report back on Palmer.

How could I forget Eric Potts. Red haired little maestro. Happy days.

Happy birthday Barnowl

Sorry to hear about your Dad

Whereabouts in Rotherham you from out of interest

happy birthday mate

my favourite moments...

the pride I felt when I listened to the F.A. cup final against Everton, I was on a ship in Wellington, New Zealand and my boss, the cook let me have the morning off to listen to it on his radio in his cabin.

followed by being at Wembley with two of my sons to see us beat Manchester United to win the cup.

my biggest disappointment came as a 13/14 year old when I read in the papers I was delivering of the shame of Swann, Kaye and Layne, couldn't believe it.

ray...in Batley.

Happy birthday Bamowl...WAWAW

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)