+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Expecting any acts of God? Earthquake, hurricane, volcanic eruption, pandemic...?
    Or food poisoning from dodgy waffle...😂

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Or food poisoning from dodgy waffle...😂
    lol yeah, the EFL are good at waffle

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Probably food poisoning following a a dodgy FRY-up!
    😂...that’s funny.

If we played a game and it was called off after seventy minutes would the result stand ?
    We’re on the brink of promotion.
    To me it’s not ideal and it’s one I won’t celebrate too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    ��...that’s funny.

If we played a game and it was called off after seventy minutes would the result stand ?
    We’re on the brink of promotion.
    To me it’s not ideal and it’s one I won’t celebrate too much.
    It's a strange twist of fate but I think if promotion happens more Millers will be celebrating because of what has transpired since the season ended than they will what happened before it did.

The highlighted stuff pertinent to our promotion hopes.

Sunderland reportedly had a proposal for extended play-offs rejected by the EFL and expect similar plans to be voted down in the upcoming EFL meeting.

All 71 EFL clubs are set to meet on the 8th of June to vote on the organisation’s proposed end-of-season framework.

The proposal put forward by the EFL board allows the season to be curtailed if the majority of clubs in a division vote in favour and would then see final placings decided using an unweighed points-per-game system, with the play-offs going ahead but not extended past four teams.

The EFL’s proposed framework would see Sunderland finish eighth should the 2019/20 campaign be curtailed – ending their promotion hopes and condemning them to another season in League One.

Alternative proposals will be available to vote on but, speaking to Chronicle Live,
    Black Cats CEO Jim Rodwell indicated that the club aren’t confident that there will be enough traction to extend the play-offs.
    He explained: “We did put forward a proposal initially for an extended play-off model

“We presented our thoughts and subsequently the EFL came out and said they wouldn’t consider an extended play-off. I’m not sure a model for extended play-offs will get enough traction.

“I don’t think you’re going to get teams in the four play-off places voting for anything less than a one in four shot [at promotion].

“All of them have said they are happy to play out the season, but none of them have said they would extend the play-offs.”

Sunderland are seventh as things stand – just one point outside the play-offs and three points back from the top two.

Their promotion hopes will likely rely on the outcomes of Tuesday’s vote and the subsequent vote between League One sides, which is thought to hinge on a number of undecided clubs – though there have been suggestions that completing the season is unrealistic.

Is McAnthony gonna have a go at Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Oxford and Wycombe for denying him chance of the play offs then?

Its still looking good folks but don't celebrate just yet...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 05-06-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's a strange twist of fate but I think if promotion happens more Millers will be celebrating because of what has transpired since the season ended than they will what happened before it did.
    When not if

Get Warney to put my lotto no's on! No way would we have gone up but I'll take it. There would have been 3 better sides than us how we were when season was suspended. Our defence was makeshift. No left hand side. January transfer window was a non-event. Hope Warney's learned from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    "We can’t have any more of this voting nonsense."

Yeah, who needs democracy?

Operation Vengeance?

Vengeance on whom?

Seems to be just hitting out at employees of Peterborough FC

I can't see their better players "towing the company line" They will be looking for escape clauses in their contracts

Had to laugh at the line "Barry Fry will continue working as part of a skeleton staff"

I'm not fat, I've just got big bones
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 06-06-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast