+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 734 of 921 FirstFirst ... 234634684724732733734735736744784834 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

8 medals today for my adoptive country, 11 in total and chasing the record of 25.

GB more medals already than in the whole games in Atlanta, 1996.

Both my lands doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Following the Labour MP who was ejected last week for telling the truth about BoJo, I'd like to ask Tricky his genuine opinion of our persistent liar of a PM.

Please TTR, no "they all do it" or "xxxxx did it 5 years ago. The man lied in his newspaper columns and was sacked for it. Lied to the then PM and was sacked from his Minister's post for it. Cocked up royally as Mayor of London with the water cannon, the bendy buses and the environmentally friendly eco bridge which cost £7M but was never built and other cock ups. Is he really fit for the post of UK Prime Minister?

I would say he most certainly is not and, when the truth comes out on this government's massive cronyism, he might well find himself in court alongside a few of his departmental Ministers and maybe even Hancock's pub landlord, Cummings' sister and others who got loads of cash but failed to deliver, either at all or the goods were not fit for use. Much like the current cabinet and I'm not sure any other of the bunches of xxxxx in WasteMonster could do any better. The UK is in a gigantic unholy mess and I wonder if it will ever extricate itself.
    You want an honest answer? Yes he lies of course he does.
    Does he deserve to be prime minister? Probably not no.

But we come back to the chicken and the egg thing. Show me someone who can. Don't say Starmer, he's a wet fish and couldn't decide wheter to piss or crap ina urinal.
    Johnson got promoted into the job, purely on the promise to uphold a democratic decision that the electorate had voted for.
    The one thing that the rest of them ducked and dived and evaded dealing with, so as not to upset anyone that might not vote for them.
    They failed miserably.
    He still tries his best to promote the nation, as asked. Even though he is a ****. His opposition in the last election was more concerned about Palestine and minority cry babies, that the more normal of us thought were second row topics.

The standard of politicians in this country is dire, I know that.
    Here's an interesting scenario, perhaps MP's should try to implement what their electorate asked them to do in the first place and not their own agendas?

Maybe proportional representation will be interesting. Remember had that been in place, in 2015 UKIP got 4 million votes and would have ended up with 30 odd seats?

You see Maddy, you have pulled the Tories apart, but not mentioned Labour? That party is in an even bigger mess of a **** storm.
    Remember theMp ejected for calling Johnson a liar(breaking parliamentry rules)? That is the same MP who tried to cause a race **** storm with the police, by distorting a video of her friends car being stopped. Total weasel of a woman.

8 medals today for my adoptive country, 11 in total and chasing the record of 25.

GB more medals already than in the whole games in Atlanta, 1996.

Both my lands doing good.
    Yes NL are overperforming compared to population, good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

But we come back to the chicken and the egg thing. Show me someone who can. Don't say Starmer, he's a wet fish and couldn't decide wheter to piss or crap ina urinal.
    Johnson got promoted into the job, purely on the promise to uphold a democratic decision that the electorate had voted for.
    The one thing that the rest of them ducked and dived and evaded dealing with, so as not to upset anyone that might not vote for them.
    They failed miserably.
    He still tries his best to promote the nation, as asked. Even though he is a ****. His opposition in the last election was more concerned about Palestine and minority cry babies, that the more normal of us thought were second row topics.

Here's an interesting scenario, perhaps MP's should try to implement what their electorate asked them to do in the first place and not their own agendas?

Maybe proportional representation will be interesting. Remember had that been in place, in 2015 UKIP got 4 million votes and would have ended up with 30 odd seats?

You see Maddy, you have pulled the Tories apart, but not mentioned Labour? That party is in an even bigger mess of a **** storm.
    Remember theMp ejected for calling Johnson a liar(breaking parliamentry rules)? That is the same MP who tried to cause a race **** storm with the police, by distorting a video of her friends car being stopped. Total weasel of a woman.
    As ever Tricky you just can’t answer as asked.

Totally avoided why my criticisms are ‘whinging, whining, crying or screaming’ and yours aren’t, and completely failed to answer MA’s without resorting to your usual diversionary tactics, eg ‘whining’ about Starmer, Butler and the opposition...lol!

Still, taking all that is relevant to MA’s question from your reply...so yes, Johnson is a liar and an opportunist who ‘probably’ doesn’t deserve to be PM. Glad we agree at last.

Here’s one further question for you. You obviously strongly dislike Dawn Butler (why am I not surprised?)...but seeing as you now accept her description of Johnson...isn’t it time to rid ourselves of the ridiculous archaic rule that prevents members of the HoC being identified as liars on the occasions when that is exactly what they are?

Personally I’d prefer proven liars to be removed from the House rather than those who correctly identify them as such...but then I suppose we’d probably have to have a new Cabinet virtually every other week as things stand at the moment.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-07-2021 at 08:27 AM.

They failed miserably.

Red Tory, Blue Tory. Is there really much of a difference? My post was about the Tories, BJ in particular. However, Labour needs a purge and a return to its roots of being the voice of the working man, the disadvantaged, human rights, common decency etc. It isn't there, not by a long shot, today.

Some changes I'd like to see implemented which never will be:

1. Ban MPs from 2nd "jobs" and dummy directorships and consultancy roles. If they can't survive on about £80K plus some very generous perks (subsidised food and drink, expenses for offices, staff, travel accomodation in London [this should only be available to those living more than an hour or so away from Westminster] etc) then they shouldn't take the job.

2. Permit lobbying but ban lobbyists from greasing MPs palms

3. Fund elections from the public purse. That will (or ought to) get rid of the Unions controlling Labour policy and companies/rich individuals backing the Tories in order to gain an advantage on government contracts or getting a seat in the Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As ever Tricky you just can’t answer as asked.

Totally avoided why my criticisms are ‘whinging, whining, crying or screaming’ and yours aren’t, and completely failed to answer MA’s without resorting to your usual diversionary tactics, eg ‘whining’ about Starmer, Butler and the opposition...lol!

Still, taking all that is relevant to MA’s question from your reply...so yes, Johnson is a liar and an opportunist who ‘probably’ doesn’t deserve to be PM. Glad we agree at last.

Here’s one further question for you. You obviously strongly dislike Dawn Butler (why am I not surprised?)...but seeing as you now accept her description of Johnson...isn’t it time to rid ourselves of the ridiculous archaic rule that prevents members of the HoC being identified as liars on the occasions when that is exactly what they are?

Personally I’d prefer proven liars to be removed from the House rather than those who correctly identify them as such...but then I suppose we’d probably have to have a new Cabinet virtually every other week as things stand at the moment.
    As normal, turned it around to YOU AGAIN.
    I WAS TALKING TO MADDY, you narcissist. For Gods sake grow up.

Your criticisms are whining about something you don't agree about and blubbing like a baby non stop.
    IT'S DONE/GONE/FINITO/KAPUT
    FFS MOVE ON and make the situation work for you. Crying about it solves nothing and makes you look like a spineless jellyfish.

Diversionary tactics my ass.
    I answered correctly.
    Johnson is a ****. Never denied it. But when a **** outshines the ones wanting to oust him, you dismiss it as diversionary.
    I told you why he got elected, yet you ignore that as well.
    I dislike Dawn Butler, because she to is a liar, and also a race baiter who gets called out by other black people. FACT!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D7iqYiA4lE

I don't maind any archaic rules removed if it's voted in( not that you like all votes). But as long as you don't complain at the resultant carnage with these cretins hurling abuse at each other, at a greater level.
    So yes if we remove proven liars, we might have a parliament( ALL PARTIES, NOT JUST YOUR SELECTIVE TORIES) as heavy as DCFC first team squad. Works for me.

Your problem is sunshine, that you behave just like the WOKE left, where as any reply that doesn't conform to your specifications. gets treated with contempt and dismiss it. In fact you try to juxtapose it, but always want it to lean your way of hating Tories.
    You fail to accept that I have called Johnson a clown and liar, yet still his popularity exceeds wet fish Starmer, or the other loons like Lucas.
    That's how bad it is. You should be worried about that, but your hatred of Johnson/Conservatives blinds you.

Red Tory, Blue Tory. Is there really much of a difference? My post was about the Tories, BJ in particular. However, Labour needs a purge and a return to its roots of being the voice of the working man, the disadvantaged, human rights, common decency etc. It isn't there, not by a long shot, today.

Some changes I'd like to see implemented which never will be:

1. Ban MPs from 2nd "jobs" and dummy directorships and consultancy roles. If they can't survive on about £80K plus some very generous perks (subsidised food and drink, expenses for offices, staff, travel accomodation in London [this should only be available to those living more than an hour or so away from Westminster] etc) then they shouldn't take the job.

2. Permit lobbying but ban lobbyists from greasing MPs palms

3. Fund elections from the public purse. That will (or ought to) get rid of the Unions controlling Labour policy and companies/rich individuals backing the Tories in order to gain an advantage on government contracts or getting a seat in the Lords.
    Apologies Maddy, I'll now deal with your reply.
    Where Labour is concerned, I totally agree with you. I worked in the mines for years, this is not the Labour party I respected.
    It ignores the common working man, in favour of extremes and infuriates them as the voting shows.
    The first job of any politician in office, is to defend the citizens best interests in THIS country.

1. Agree completely
    2.Lobbying should never involve "gifts", because I lobby my MP, but don't offer him a 5 star meal to listen.
    3.Marvellous idea, bonus being all the sleaze trawling and rows would vanish as well.

I would add point 4
    House of Lords to be reformed.
    It needs slashing and they should be voted in, not given it. Either as a gift for back handers, or as a public relations PR stunt. Peter Cruddas and Doreen Lawrence two examples of that.

Your criticisms are whining about something you don't agree about and blubbing like a baby non stop.
    FFS MOVE ON and make the situation work for you. Crying about it solves nothing and makes you look like a spineless jellyfish
    Keep it clean Tricky, no need for personal attacks like this, just make your point on the issues at hand

FFS MOVE ON and make the situation work for you. Crying about it solves nothing and makes you look like a spineless jellyfish.

I answered correctly.
    Johnson is a ****. Never denied it. But when a **** outshines the ones wanting to oust him, you dismiss it as diversionary.
    I dislike Dawn Butler, because she to is a liar, and also a race baiter who gets called out by other black people. FACT!

I don't maind any archaic rules removed if it's voted in( not that you like all votes). But as long as you don't complain at the resultant carnage with these cretins hurling abuse at each other, at a greater level.
    So yes if we remove proven liars, we might have a parliament( ALL PARTIES, NOT JUST YOUR SELECTIVE TORIES) as heavy as DCFC first team squad. Works for me.

Your problem is sunshine, that you behave just like the WOKE left, where as any reply that doesn't conform to your specifications. gets treated with contempt and dismiss it. In fact you try to juxtapose it, but always want it to lean your way of hating Tories.
    You fail to accept that I have called Johnson a clown and liar, yet still his popularity exceeds wet fish Starmer, or the other loons like Lucas.
    That's how bad it is. You should be worried about that, but your hatred of Johnson/Conservatives blinds you.
    Oops...wow, someone’s not a happy bunny today. Is this what happens when you can’t turn to YouTube for an answer?

‘Narcissist’? Really? Half of one sentence in my post refers to me/my view...and which one of the two of us has posted over 19,000 times on a rival forum?

I’m sorry for commenting on your post...there’s me thinking this is a ‘forum’...you know...a place to exchange views (plural).

Anyway...if you don’t want to debate that’s fine by me.
    I appreciate you completely lost the plot and chucked your toys out of the pram earlier this afternoon, while ironically still accusing me of ‘blubbing like a baby’ and ‘treating with contempt any reply that doesn’t conform’ to my own.
    That second comment is actually astonishing given the contempt your post shows for ‘wet fish’ Starmer, ‘race baiter’ Butler, ‘loony’ Lucas and ‘narcissistic’ old me but there you go...you clearly can’t answer the original question, no longer want to continue, and probably have some tidying up to do...I think the dummy may be under that arm chair in the corner.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-07-2021 at 12:47 PM.

I answered correctly.

Perhaps a trifle harsh Tricky, but one line resonates with me, that being:

"FFS MOVE ON and make the situation work for you."

There is a wise adage that goes "if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem"

It is, as I think Andy said some posts back, a good job rA is retired and not having to deal with trade related issues from brexit on a daily basis and having to try to make it work. I've had quite a bit of that in the past months and it is a pain to reinvent how one has to do things.........but once reinvented, then it works each time more and more easily as you get used to it.

The solutions are there if you look hard enough, work arounds, new loopholes and so on. But if you sit in your armchair puffing on your pipe and saying "thats not how I used to do it", you are part of the problem. Change has to be embraced no matter how much you hate it.

Did I stop supporting Derby when Clough sr quit: no, did I stop when Tommy Docherty was appointed - no. Its happened, learn to make the best of what you consider to be a bad job. Nothing is solved by bemoaning your fate and wringing your hands in anguish - apart from getting a smug sense of "I told you so" which is an utterly valueless feeling.

Page 734 of 921 FirstFirst ... 234634684724732733734735736744784834 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)