+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Barnsley Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Adam Hayton.

The goalkeeper joins the Reds on a two-and-a-half-year deal, most recently at Spurs where he has progressed through the age groups.

U21s

Quote Originally Posted by poggywell View Post
    barnsley football club can confirm that jack aitchison has joined motherwell fc.

The 22-year-old departs oakwell after arriving in 2020 from scottish giants celtic fc. Making 23 appearances for the reds, the attacker enjoyed loan spells at forest green rovers and stevenage, before featuring heavily under michael duff this campaign.
    given away for free
    i give up

Name:  8003AFD8-1F45-45BC-9B4A-4E26B45F9A4F.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  12.9 KB

Barnsley Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jon Russell from Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval.
    The Chelsea youth product arrives at Oakwell on a two-and-a half year-deal, bolstering Michael Duff’s midfield options.
    Amassing over 100 games in his career to date, the 22-year-old was an integral part of the Terriers' Sky Bet Championship play-off campaign, featuring in the final at Wembley Stadium.

Standing at 6’4”, the box-to-box midfielder can operate anywhere across the middle of the park and will begin work immediately with the Reds as we approach the tail end of the current League One season.
    Upon signing for the Club, Russell spoke to iFollow Barnsley and expressed his excitement at moving to Oakwell: “I’m delighted,” stated Russell. “I’m happy that it’s done and over the line. I’m really happy and grateful to be here.”

Barnsley CEO, Khaled El-Ahmad, commented on the Reds’ final addition of the January transfer window.
    "We are happy to welcome Jon to Oakwell,” he said. “He is a player with experience in the second and third tier of English football and provides additional options in our midfield. We look forward to welcoming Jon to the Club and seeing him in action.”
    Everyone at Oakwell wishes a warm welcome to Jon and the best of luck during his time at the Club.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 01-02-2023 at 12:36 AM.

In that picture, Russell looks like a young Val Ismael lol.
    And as for Atchison, its obviously suited him and us and he wanted to go back nearer to home. And let's be honest, he hardly knew where the net was did he. No great loss to be honest.

No big moves either in or out.

No real "wow" backing for Duff and no real undermining.of squad. Maybe the best we could have hoped for until the summer.

It is probably a "neutral" budget with income (mainly Walton) matching expenditure ( mainly Shaw).

The rest of the business is fringe stuff, just fluff, punts and players for development.

The owners, as expected, have not invested personally. The cards have been dealt. Over to you Mr Duff.

The club has to get through financially to the end of the season. Expect a very early "early bird" Season Ticket push to generate cash flow and an increasing number of marginal financial gimmicks to squeeze more money from fans from the newly created Chief Revenue Officer post filled by Jon Flatman The word Flatman may well be appropriate to describe the line on the graph of revenue at the club.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-02-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  8003AFD8-1F45-45BC-9B4A-4E26B45F9A4F.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  12.9 KB

Barnsley Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jon Russell from Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval.
    The Chelsea youth product arrives at Oakwell on a two-and-a half year-deal, bolstering Michael Duff’s midfield options.
    Amassing over 100 games in his career to date, the 22-year-old was an integral part of the Terriers' Sky Bet Championship play-off campaign, featuring in the final at Wembley Stadium.

Standing at 6’4”, the box-to-box midfielder can operate anywhere across the middle of the park and will begin work immediately with the Reds as we approach the tail end of the current League One season.
    Upon signing for the Club, Russell spoke to iFollow Barnsley and expressed his excitement at moving to Oakwell: “I’m delighted,” stated Russell. “I’m happy that it’s done and over the line. I’m really happy and grateful to be here.”

Barnsley CEO, Khaled El-Ahmad, commented on the Reds’ final addition of the January transfer window.
    "We are happy to welcome Jon to Oakwell,” he said. “He is a player with experience in the second and third tier of English football and provides additional options in our midfield. We look forward to welcoming Jon to the Club and seeing him in action.”
    Everyone at Oakwell wishes a warm welcome to Jon and the best of luck during his time at the Club.
    Not very hopeful comments from Leigh Bromby, Head of Football Operations at Huddersfield which may explain his move here.

Perhaps someone can do a link? (I can't)--it's from "Yorkshire Live-Leigh Bromby says Jon Russell fell far below standards at Huddersfield Town before transfer"

"out of first team plans"

" started this season in dreadful form"

"Jon has found himself back with the B team with his performances and form falling far below his previous standards"

" a permanent transfer away is the best for all concerned"

As Ahmad says "Welcome to Oakwell Jon".
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-02-2023 at 07:18 AM.

I think it has been a pretty good window, we have strengthened the squad and despite the doom & gloom predictions that one of our top players would be sold this never happened & we would not be signing players because we are skint , this also proved to be wrong & whist the club takes stick for not declaring fees I have just been watching sky sports with the tool bar showing all the deals & throughout the championship , division one & two there are none what have declared a fee paid, every single club have announced that the fee was undisclosed , so it is not just us it appears to be every club at this level that conduct their business in this fashion. Incidentally I am not bothered whether they do or they don"t , you can always look at the annual balance sheet & look at the trading revenue if you are curious .

Leigh Bromby says Jon Russell 'fell far below standards' at Huddersfield Town before transfer
    The midfielder had done well to establish himself in Carlos Corberan's starting line-up last season but slipped well down the pecking order after an awful start to this campaign
    Steven Chicken

Terriers head of football operations Leigh Bromby and head coach Mark Fotheringham believe Jon Russell's sale to Barnsley late on transfer deadline day was 'the best solution for all concerned' after he found himself out of the club's first team plans.

The 22 year old emerged as a real asset for Huddersfield Town in their unlikely push to a play-off final against Nottingham Forest last season, establishing himself as a regular in Carlos Corberan’s first XI in the second half of the campaign following a summer move from Chelsea.
    But Russell started this season in dreadful form and was dropped first by Danny Schofield and then again by Fotheringham, for whom he played just one game - the new boss' first game in charge away to Reading - before finding himself out of the side again.

Jon made a real impression at both B Team and first team level in the 2021/22 season, taking advantage of the momentum behind him to become a regular presence in the starting side.
    “However, that good start has not been capitalised on and Jon has found himself back with the B team this season, with his performances and form falling far below the standards he had previously set himself.

As for Leigh Bromby he enjoys keeping his feelings in house doesn’t he perhaps a good course on Human Relations would put him in good stead. I notice he hasn’t managed to say the terriers aren’t actually pulling many trees up without him.

If at first you don’t succeed try again Jon. Have a good chat with Michael Duff and welcome to Barnsley FC.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 01-02-2023 at 08:50 AM.

I spoke to two mates who said”he’s slow, wins a lot of headers,”echoed Bronbys comments. One of them spends a fair bit of time at the JS in a capacity more than just a fan.
    Corberan liked him. And his team did very well. “Perhaps a case of “big 4 boots too soon” one of them said. When asked about his start to this season.
    Hope he does ok. Bronby not liked by his own fans either

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I think it has been a pretty good window, we have strengthened the squad and despite the doom & gloom predictions that one of our top players would be sold this never happened & we would not be signing players because we are skint , this also proved to be wrong & whist the club takes stick for not declaring fees I have just been watching sky sports with the tool bar showing all the deals & throughout the championship , division one & two there are none what have declared a fee paid, every single club have announced that the fee was undisclosed , so it is not just us it appears to be every club at this level that conduct their business in this fashion. Incidentally I am not bothered whether they do or they don"t , you can always look at the annual balance sheet & look at the trading revenue if you are curious .
    Our top four players are not Premiership level. If any club was to make a bid it would be likely to be a Championship club. Not much has been spent by Championship clubs this window--they are feeling the financial pinch. The money is splashing around the Premiership with silly money being paid.

If we did receive any bids eg from Preston for Williams, it would be interesting to know how much broadly it was that was turned down.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast