+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All those who left early - Thank You

All those who left early - Thank You

Great: we left the car park faster and quieter than I can remember. Faster - OK - Quieter ... no, morose is a better word.

Disgruntled early leavers also missed a goal from Ellis, which seemed to bobble half-heartedly into the net because Notts weren't that bothered. It was received by the same sort of applause as when the Can**** Cook leaves after 45 years. Polite, restrained and a little bit grateful that it's all over.

That tackle was a red card - but it would not have changed the game.
    The ref was wearing the same yellow as the Notts players (!) - it wouldn't have changed the score.
    The ref lost control - but if he'd been any better the scoreline would have been the same.
    Steve Davis was totally innocent, so WTF was the ref calling him over for?
    Neil Baker is not to be messed with when he's got his dander up.
    Is there a financial penalty for a side that picks up 6 yellows in a game? There should be, and a big one.

Finally, as LeyPB said, there is a good chance we'll have a leagu

re: All those who left early - Thank You

The fact remains that with four forwards on the field we could only muster two shots on target in ninety minutes. I cannot remember a display that was so lethargic and lacking in both skill and effort. IMO with that performance we would not have beaten any 2nd Div side and that leaves me worried about next seasons prospects.
    Surely the board must consider Davis's position in view of a number of inept displays and his apparent inability to motivate players. Maybe Bakes could take charge until the end of the season, lets face it he could not do worse than Davis could he.

Baker to take over Your Joking ! He took over frm Dario once when he was ill, and went something like 17 games without a win.Plus when he has applied for otther Jobs No One wants him, that tells you all.

There is a Penalty for a team that keeps losing to a bottom of the league team its called Relegation.Last chance saloon come Saturday.

[quote="AlexLeicester"]Great: we left the car park faster and quieter than I can remember. Faster - OK - Quieter ... no, morose is a better word.

Disgruntled early leavers also missed a goal from Ellis, which seemed to bobble half-heartedly into the net because Notts weren't that bothered. It was received by the same sort of applause as when the Can**** Cook leaves after 45 years. Polite, restrained and a little bit grateful that it's all over.

That tackle was a red card - but it would not have changed the game.
    The ref was wearing the same yellow as the Notts players (!) - it wouldn't have changed the score.
    The ref lost control - but if he'd been any better the scoreline would have been the same.
    Steve Davis was totally innocent, so WTF was the ref calling him over for?
    Neil Baker is not to be messed with when he's got his dander up.
    Is there a financial penalty for a side that picks up 6 yellows in a game? There should be, and a big one.

Finally, as Le

This is what we do...today we send ALL the loan players back to their parent clubs...

If we are going down - then we go down with our own players...

I have been to 3 funerals recently - ALL of which had more excitement and passion that our loan players showed last night

^ so you want to send Chuks back? Not a smart move, imo.

I'd leave Inman out for a start - at least until he finds some footwear he can stand up in.

The substitutions - particularly the introduction of Waters - were far too late once again.

I don't see how people can be so adamant that the challenge on Tootle was a red on the basis of one viewing in real time, personally thought yellow was about right but I can't be sure.

Ref certainly determined to get himself noticed though, perhaps one of the reasons he wore yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Baker to take over Your Joking ! He took over frm Dario once when he was ill, and went something like 17 games without a win.Plus when he has applied for otther Jobs No One wants him, that tells you all.
    17 games ha ha!

It was 5 - close!

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    17 games ha ha!

It was 5 - close![/quote]

It was indeed five matches, and when Dario returned, the Alex went on a great run that following an away win at Leeds, they were highly placed in 7th position in the Championship. Problem was, we then sold Ashton 6 months too early and our descent was enormous.

Miserable evening's entertainment once again. I did not believe that the Alex could replicate another performance like the one serves up against Oldham.

Yes, the ref was awful and Notts. County were guilty of multiple fouls and from where I was sitting on my "fence", they could have had two men sent off. The foul against Uche was horrible. However, that should not serve as a smoke screen, covering up the cracks that are in constant evidence when the Alex play in front of their home fans.

It appears to me that our midfield is just non-existent, with Osman unworthy of a starting place, let alone the captaincy. Poor old Tootle must be given back the armband. Evans is too lightweight and is only a shadow of the man he replaced (Murphy) when he arrived from City.

Poor tactics and team selection from our leader once again. Byron not even on the bench, when his skills and match changing abilities were clearly required. What does he do, he brings on a man wearing short sleeves and gl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast