+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    " EVEN the working class areaa" ?????

You mean ESPECIALLY the working class areas.

Morning DD very shouty this morn arn't we ? , Fair comment tho I did qualify it with the word "infected" , This community which I count myself part of have been sh1t on from a great height for so long, Banker crash ..They paid, Austerity.. they paid, Wars ..they paid, etc, Many of these places were decimated during the 1980s and 1990s. Brexit was sold to working class communities (minkers ken ) as a racist ticket Immigrants this and that were basically scapegoated for their miserable lives, They were conned big time, IMO immigrants are just working class people from other countries, they’ve also been fvcked over by governments similar or worse to( our own ) in my opinion brexit was there to distract us from the real reason for our situation, So I find it hard to blame these communities it was aa sort of Working class revolt.. but against the WRONG people ! (me being shouty now ) The truth is Britain’s political and social elites have left these communities to rot that,s why Brexit happened,

Thick b’astards is what you’re saying?

No forgiveness for anyone who voted for brexit.

Nobody ( especially me) said that working class people were minkers.

99.999999% of minkers don’t work
    Last edited by donsdaft; 24-10-2022 at 12:02 PM.

I didn't tell yous at the time but I actually got over 100 nominations. I just feel it's not quite the right time at the moment.

^^^^^ Tory ^^^^

Aye, I heard on the radio this morning that it was a magnificent gesture with the countries best interests at heart.

When’s the next plane to the West Indies?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Thick b’astards is what you’re saying?

No forgiveness for anyone who voted for brexit.

Nobody ( especially me) said that working class people were minkers.

99.999999% of minkers don’t work
    Well if they can't see who's actually screwing them over "Thick b’astards" just about covers it, Minker's do work .. Drug dealing house-breaking can be hard graft,

No excuse for being that thick.

No matter how much you would like to think “workers unite” in actual fact all they could see was empire and them back to their rightful place , lording it over foreigners.

Workers unite, Thatcher smashed the feck out of that, Blair endorsed . OK do you make any distinction between English w/c and Scottish w/c when it comes to scapegoating foreigners? Or any International working class person. Is it possible brainwashing of the masses happened ?

I’d like to make that distinction.
    Not sure it would be 100% correct though.
    One of the great advantages of an independent Scotland is that we wouldn’t have to pay to play at being world leaders.

So Sunak it is. No surprise and pretty easy for him in the end which makes me suspect an agreement in place from the outset.

We now have a prime minister with a police charge against him for breaking the covid rules and is currently under parliament investigation which could see him suspended from parliament.

I still think they will implode again soon as their issues as a party are deep rooted and not much talent in the ranks to steer us through the still on going economic problems. A lot of Tories won't want in person of colour in charge either and will work against the party.

The sh*t show continues.

Press release. Rock band with a conscience…
    SQUEEZE RELEASE ‘FOOD FOR THOUGHT’ EP PROFITS TO INDEPENDENT UK FOOD BANKS

Title track, a brand new song, is a social commentary on the cost of living crisis, and the increasing reliance on food banks.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT UK TOUR STARTS OCTOBER 28 2022
    WITH VERY SPECIAL GUEST DR JOHN COOPER CLARKE

squeezeofficial.com

October 24th 2022. As they prepare to embark on their ‘Food For Thought’ 25 date UK tour, British music legends Squeeze announce the release of a new six track EP on November 4th 2022. The title track, ‘Food For Thought’, is a brand new song written by Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook, that is a pithy commentary on society, the cost of living crisis, and the increasing reliance on food banks.

“It’s terrible and wrong that so many people have no choice other than the help that food banks provide to feed their family. That there are so many people who have to choose between food and heating is a disgrace,” said Glenn Tilbrook.

Also included on the EP are new recordings of ‘The Very First Dance’ and ‘Electric Trains’ as well as live recordings of ‘In Quintessence’, ‘Slap and Tickle’ and ‘The Day I Get Home’ recorded at the Liverpool Philharmonic.

Profits from the EP, which will be released digitally and sold on CD at the shows, will go to Independent UK food banks.

TOUR WILL SUPPORT ANTI-POVERTY CHARITY THE TRUSSELL TRUST
    In addition to the donations to independent foodbanks from the EP, Squeeze are also continuing their relationship with the anti-poverty charity The Trussell Trust. Throughout the tour Squeeze and their fans will once again be supporting the charity which provides emergency food and support to people locked in poverty while campaigning for change to end the need for food banks in the UK.
    “It’s so sad that in these times people have to lean on local food banks to feed their families, please support The Trussell Trust by offering as much as you can afford and enjoy the music we have created” said co-founder Chris Difford.
    Right now, millions of people across the country are facing a cost of living crisis as food and energy prices soar and families are feeling the biggest squeeze on incomes in a generation. That’s why attendees on the tour are being invited to bring along food donations to the shows, where there will be collection points across the venue each night. There will also be collection buckets for any cash donations. All donations will be distributed to people in crisis across the 1,300 food bank centres in the Trussell Trust network. Here is a link to information on the items that are requested: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-in...e/donate-food/. Previous tours by Squeeze and Glenn Tilbrook have raised tonnes of food and thousands of pounds for the charity.
    Emma Revie, CEO of The Trussell Trust, said “The cost of living crisis is impacting all of us, but for people on the lowest incomes it means they cannot afford the essentials such as heating or food. We are extremely grateful to Squeeze and all of their fans for kindly donating to the Trussell Trust from their tour, their generosity will help us ensure that food banks across the UK are able to continue delivering ***** support this winter.”

The 25-date ‘Food For Thought’ tour, which includes a hometown show at Indigo At The O2, will see Squeeze dip into their impressive list of hits and rare gems from throughout their extensive back catalogue. Joined by very special guest and original ‘people’s poet’ Dr John Cooper Clarke who will take you on an incredible journey with pieces from the new book, poems (old and new) and his usual musings, off the wall chat, riffs, gags and wicked humour.

This comes after the bard of Salford embarked on his ‘I Wanna Be Yours’ tour, based on his memoir, released by Picador. This explored his extraordinary life, filled with remarkable personalities: from Nico to Chuck Berry; Bernard Manning to Linton Kwesi Johnson; Elvis Costello to Gregory Corso; Mark E. Smith to Gil Scott Heron and Joe Strummer and on to more recent fans and collaborators like Alex Turner, Plan B and Guy Garvey. The best audiobook I listened to last year, with the Bargain Basement Baudelaire reading it himsel, the radge

Tickets for Squeeze are on sale now via www.gigsandtours.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
    gigs up here:

Mon 31 Oct 22 Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
    Wed 09 Nov 22 Edinburgh Usher Hall

EP tracklisting
    1 Food For Thought
    2 The Very First Dance
    3 Electric Trains
    4 In Quintessence (recorded at the Liverpool Philharmonic)
    5 Slap and Tickle (recorded at the Liverpool Philharmonic)
    6 The Day I Get Home (recorded at the Liverpool Philharmonic)

info@republicmedia.net

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast