+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5th official signing

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Like I said Grist,no one knows but these recent additions ''seem'' to be at a different level to what we are used to.Time will tell of course.We might not win another game but I do sense a policy shift based on many past experiences in this situation.Was Warne too choosy.....yet again who knows,but MT doesn't go to interview waxing lyrical about his detailed and wonderful interview techniques and how 'green tea' sold the deal.He says nought but the players still sign!
    Yes, true, there’s a lot of sense in what you say but folks on here have always been quick to point the blame at TS by not “ backing” the manager.

My point is an opposite view in that the support was always there but PW was too choosy or cautious to take it

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, true, there’s a lot of sense in what you say but folks on here have always been quick to point the blame at TS by not “ backing” the manager.

My point is an opposite view in that the support was always there but PW was too choosy or cautious to take it
    There was a post on Facebook earlier "quoting" PW along the lines that the recruitment team at his previous club disliked him as we prefered a smaller squad and didn't want to sign too many players so maybe .............

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    There was a post on Facebook earlier "quoting" PW along the lines that the recruitment team at his previous club disliked him as we prefered a smaller squad and didn't want to sign too many players so maybe .............
    Yeah, I saw this, it does make you wonder. MT seems more forceful in his interviews than PW, he doesn't talk the opposition up before we play them, for eg. This wound a lot up, me included, on here.
    But, something has definitely changed, we've never signed/loaned as many players of this quality in 1 window. Don't think we've finished either.
    If, as people have suggested, that Coventry is the player in to let Dan go, then it's nice to be in control of our own affairs. We'd usually do it the other way round. It beats scratching about in the last couple of hours of the window.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 26-01-2023 at 10:48 PM.

Tell you what, I think if MT keeps us in this league, we have a chance of consolidating for a few seasons under him. I've got absolute confidence in the manager and how TS has backed him so far. The club seem to have shown some intent, and we needed it. We've had a good window and right now I'm feeling positive for the rest of the season.

Mind you, I'm off work right now and currently 6 pints deep, but...UTM.

I guess another way to look at it is.

The money TS gets for Dan and Chio plus the wage he saves he's spent on the 5 players who have come in. so he could break even come the summer.
    Plus he's in the fans good books as it looks like he's backing Taylor.

Do I think thos is happening. No I'm in the dark as much as the next bloke. "I know nothing about nothing"

I mentioned a few times that it wasn’t down to TS but no some like to hate.
    Not saying it was all down to Warney but yes there’s some truth in the rumours but players turn us down, Agent are greedy and PD has a limit
    Last edited by millertop; 27-01-2023 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I mentioned a few times that it wasn’t down to TS but no some like to hate.
    Not saying it was all down to Warney but yes there’s some truth in the rumours but players turn us down, Agent are greedy and PD has a limit
    Owwww stop blowing your own trumpet topsy. We have all said things that come true once in a while. I recall you saying once, a ref had a good game.
    Gow'd even gwru is right twice a day. Or is that a broken clock

Come on....Gru is never wrong ,and Grist knows everything that goes on inside the club.

Grateful for small mercy's - rejoicing I don't sit next to gru at NYS.

When's signing number 6 and the outgoings being announced ?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Grateful for small mercy's - rejoicing I don't sit next to gru at NYS.

When's signing number 6 and the outgoings being announced ?
    I dunno he will have good tips about the geegees for you! Supposedly!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast