+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JOB suspension looms

JOB suspension looms

JOB is one booking away from a one match suspension, who thinks we should rest him in the game against Altrincham, to assure his place in the side against Wrexham.
    In some ways it seems strange to even put this question, but it does say something about his improved performances so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    JOB is one booking away from a one match suspension, who thinks we should rest him in the game against Altrincham, to assure his place in the side against Wrexham.
    In some ways it seems strange to even put this question, but it does say something about his improved performances so far this season.
    I’d rest him for Alty. Purely and simply to have a player available for what is a massive game v Wrexham.
    We should have more than enough for Alty.
    The conundrum for me is about whether to bench Langstaff and keep him fresh for Tuesday. Could easily start Scott in his place?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’d rest him for Alty. Purely and simply to have a player available for what is a massive game v Wrexham.
    We should have more than enough for Alty.
    The conundrum for me is about whether to bench Langstaff and keep him fresh for Tuesday. Could easily start Scott in his place?
    Both good ideas but play Langstaff first half, Scott second half?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Both good ideas but play Langstaff first half, Scott second half?
    I’d go the other way. Start with Scott. IF we are leading then there is no need for Langstaff. If we are struggling then it’s someone to bring in. Just my opinion.

I'd say resting JOB is worth considering, especially when you have Sam Austin who can come in.

Regarding Langstaff no way would I rest him while he has momentum, he needs to play every game possible. Yes, he could always get injured, but then so could anyone, it's all if's and but's. Get him out there and bang in as many goals as possible, just to fire Hollywood a shot across the bows.

Not too sure about resting players against Alty. We know what this league is like and it comes across as a bit arrogant to rest key players because "it's only Altrincham". All games are worth 3pts so right now, Alty is as huge as the Wrexham game. I'd play the strongest 11. If we're winning comfortably later in the game, then protect JOB and Langstaff.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    Not too sure about resting players against Alty. We know what this league is like and it comes across as a bit arrogant to rest key players because "it's only Altrincham". All games are worth 3pts so right now, Alty is as huge as the Wrexham game. I'd play the strongest 11. If we're winning comfortably later in the game, then protect JOB and Langstaff.
    This. It's the weaker teams that sometimes you don't play as well as you rest players. I think that's been our problem in this league, underestimating the so called weaker teams. Start with the strongest team and then sub if needed.

Who would have thought we would be concerned about a suspension for JOB? And talk of potentially resting him to avoid suspension for the key upcoming game?

Not me that's for sure. Proved me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Who would have thought we would be concerned about a suspension for JOB? And talk of potentially resting him to avoid suspension for the key upcoming game?

Not me that's for sure. Proved me wrong.
    Me too - fantastic performance at York

Yeah he's been good so far this season, great to see. If we lose to Altrincham though then the pressure for the Wrexham game goes up even higher so let's get 3 points first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast