+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Get this lad in…

John Terry: "I applied for two jobs in League One and didn't get either of them. The owners for the teams I applied for told me they wanted to play like Man City. It was interesting, but nobody can play like Man City - Chelsea can't play like Man City!"
    I've mentioned him a few times, would certainly generate some interest in Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I've mentioned him a few times, would certainly generate some interest in Rotherham.
    would be better than WC or Evans, in that it could help get some players in on loan in January and save us the compensation for Evans. Lets be honest anyone that comes in has one target "keep us in the league". If he uses us to promote himself to get a better job, no issue with that if he gets the results and achieves the target.

John Terry doesn't pass the sniff test for me I'm afraid. Just never warmed to him. And no, it's not particularly rational why I'd have Steve Evans back but not Terry in (aside from the experience question and the record of Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc in their managerial careers).

Apparently he was called to interview but went to Rotterdam instead.
    Easy mistake for a footballer to make

Took a detour to sample the delights of Amsterdam so it wasn’t a wasted journey

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Get this lad in…

John Terry: "I applied for two jobs in League One and didn't get either of them. The owners for the teams I applied for told me they wanted to play like Man City. It was interesting, but nobody can play like Man City - Chelsea can't play like Man City!"
    Wouldn't be against that. I would be against the club name change to 'John Terry's Rotherham United' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Wouldn't be against that. I would be against the club name change to 'John Terry's Rotherham United' though.
    Change the home strip to a lighter colour and it’s Terry,s Orange .
    Just in time for Xmas. A marketing dream

Yesterday Warbuton and now John Terry. At least Warburton could bring the crumpet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I was listening to Simon Jordan and Darragh Mcanthony on the Radio the other week.They were both saying how they'd both heard from so many people how impressive John Terry is as a coach.They can't understand for their lives why no club has given him a chance when the likes of Gerrard,Lampard and Rooney are having job offers thrown at them when they don't deserve them. They said it would be ironic that when he does get a chance,he may end up being the best of 'that golden generation' when it comes to management. McAnthony went on to say that the acid test for Terry,in order for him to show his true desire because money will never be the motivator,would be to move out of his Surrey comfort zone,to a club less fashionable than people would perceive him to be associated with.
    I posted this nearly a month ago! This thread is in threads!

I don't think the club is helping itself, we have more and more speculation because we are not getting anything formal and regular from the club. leaked snippits to paul Davis or Radio Sheffield isn't communicating.

Quote Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
    I don't think the club is helping itself, we have more and more speculation because we are not getting anything formal and regular from the club. leaked snippits to paul Davis or Radio Sheffield isn't communicating.
    Apparently the telex isn’t working (showing my age there) and they can’t get the part they need until mid January.

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast