+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OT:. Sky News Live from Rotherham

At Wentworth garden centre & there's a small plane in the field opposite, didn't know there was runway there, maybe it belongs to Kempo?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But will they say Sheffield
    Found this in a Rotherham County programme ,1920/21 Look at the advert for Stubs , small print at the bottom . It seems we were in awe of the Massives even then!!

Name:  s-l1600-1.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  96.6 KB

PS I wasn't at the game

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Found this in a Rotherham County programme ,1920/21 Look at the advert for Stubs , small print at the bottom . It seems we were in awe of the Massives even then!!

PS I wasn't at the game
    And not that far away from the NYS and Millmoor

Stubs was called the Warrington Steel Works and eventually became part of J J Habershon works at Holmes when that company expanded, so quite near to the Sheffield boundary if you go the Meadowbank Road way to Sheffield

PS I wasn't at the game
    Wow it’s a long time of being jealous of Rotherham

PS I wasn't at the game
    This is really interesting.

Looks like its referring to when Rotherham County beat South Shields FC 5-4 on 2nd Oct 1920.

How did you come accross such an old programme? Are there many more examples of really old stuff? I'd be curious to know what the oldest programmes or documents from that era are that we know of, fascinating glimpse into the past.

Perhaps one of the unused retail units could be set up as a Millers museum.
    Examples like that programme could be loaned to the museum so that everyone could enjoy them for a while or even items donated perhaps when people pass away or don't want the item anymore. This would facilitate a rotation of items on display much like many museums do to perpetuate interest from our fan base

It Costs money to do it though so unlikely to happen

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Examples like that programme could be loaned to the museum so that everyone could enjoy them for a while or even items donated perhaps when people pass away or don't want the item anymore. This would facilitate a rotation of items on display much like many museums do to perpetuate interest from our fan base

Good Idea

Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    This is really interesting.

Looks like its referring to when Rotherham County beat South Shields FC 5-4 on 2nd Oct 1920.

How did you come accross such an old programme? Are there many more examples of really old stuff? I'd be curious to know what the oldest programmes or documents from that era are that we know of, fascinating glimpse into the past.
    John2, it’s on eBay with a couple of others from that era . I didn’t know that the well known EJ Brown ( Ironmongers) was also a sport outfitters back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

It is a good idea but I'm not too sure about the security of such places in such areas. We all know there are lowlifes in this world who would rob anything from anyone and wouldn't batt an eyelid to relieve people of their treasured possessions to make a few quid. I think the costs involved in securing a retail unit to sufficient standards would possibly be too prohibitive.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast