+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ok I’ll suggest you re watch it.
    He wasn’t rubbish which I didn’t suggest but he wasn’t motm imo
    but the two goals came from him not getting near enough to his marker,, that position is not for him is what I’m saying
    You may be correct about the position he played not bin for him but he ran his blood dry and set up a goal and nearly scored another. He made some great tackles and broke up play and did nothing wrong for the goals they scored even though you think he did.

Watched game live & just watched highlights. Their 2nd goal Harding didn't close crosser down enough then Blackman with his height should have got something on the cross. Their 3rd goal crosser he's all left foot Harding should have forced him to go on the outside. But in his defence Warney put him there knowing he's a right sided player. Hope this speeds up getting a left sided player in.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Football is a game of opinions
    I don't agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I don't agree with that
    It's a game full of fickle 'experts', from fans to pundits to journalists. We all have our moments, win and we are the best thing ever and going to romp the league, lose we need to sack half the squad. Every club is the same.

Thoroughly enjoyed that, exciting and nervy in equal measure. Agree with a lot of what's been put on here already, but would like to add I absolutely loved the commentary trio.
    I had a look on the stoke forum and a lot of them where full of praise too.
    They were fair and knowledgeable, as well as very entertaining.
    Tbh probably worth the tenner on their own we're very lucky to have them.

In fact for me a lot of the things connected with the club at the moment, top to bottom have a real feel good factor, including the media side of things with those 3 on comms as well as the reporting side of things from Paul Davis

and I couldn't be prouder to be a Miller.

I realise football is very much a results business but it still feels good having these people involved no matter what happens on the pitch

in my opinion
    UTM
    Last edited by MagyarMiller; 20-01-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed that, exciting and nervy in equal measure. Agree with a lot of what's been put on here already, but would like to add I absolutely loved the commentary trio.

In fact for me a lot of the things connected with the club at the moment, top to bottom have a real feel good factor, including the media side of things with those 3 on comms as well as the reporting side of things from Paul Davis

I realise football is very much a results business but it still feels good having these people involved no matter what happens on the pitch

in my opinion
    UTM
    You're not far wrong there.

Agree with that

Interesting how the usual suspects can't just say we played well and are straight for the negatives.

Christ, imagine being one of them.

Overall an excellent effort, a game we would have won had we had a slightly more switched on keeper who didn't think he was a sweeper.

Forward line did very well, that formation and selection brings a battling physicality to the setup which we should deploy against the bigger teams. Against fellow strugglers probably not.

Midfield were excellent to a man.

Defence were generally really good, some poor positioning and response to danger at point, BUT when playing with the 3-5 and then 5-3 Def/Mid as we do with the lads out wide tracking back its easy to see why the two lads at the back on the edges get caught out of position. That will change will more game time and dare I say it a bit more pace.

How is woody still playing? Amazing effort from him, all heart.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched game live & just watched highlights. Their 2nd goal Harding didn't close crosser down enough then Blackman with his height should have got something on the cross. Their 3rd goal crosser he's all left foot Harding should have forced him to go on the outside. But in his defence Warney put him there knowing he's a right sided player. Hope this speeds up getting a left sided player in.
    Totally agree with you there gru, Harding definitely should have been closer to try and cut out the crosses for both their headed goals, although both crosses in were brilliant, and he also gave the ball away for them to break for the own goal they scored, so definitely not his best day.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post

in my opinion
    UTM
    Have to agree about the comms. They were particularly good last night. Real Last of the Summer Wine stuff! They natter on and then realise that there's a game of football going on. Really good when they said that Ronnie had fallen of his chair in front of them when we all thought Crooksy had got his hat trick. May it continue.

Looking back at that match last night it just summed up how far we have come.Stoke City will no doubt be up there as automatic or certainly playoff contenders with the wealth of talent they have.However, we have an ever improving young squad and were more than a match for them.I think Harding is a very good signing but I would like him not to be used on the left side.I would like to see a left back brought in and a striker with pace.If we can offload a couple more I'd also suggest an attacking midfielder.I am convinced we have a squad of skillful players who will have a good second half of the season and climb up the table.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast