+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having that experienced striker

Having that experienced striker

Certainly reaps rewards, Madden the diff between us and S****horpe, of course we don't do experience here as we can't afford it, about time the Academy was seriously cut back and invested in the first team, Denis Smith was right on RADIO Stoke, things have changed but we haven't, an Academy like ours is too expensive now and needs trimming down and money spent elsewhere.

re: Having that experienced striker

We have had Experienced Strikers in the Past Dario let Clayton Donaldson go could not give him a pay rise after winning the Golden Boot Award,then there was Pogba! money was needed for the Academy you see whats new! Pump more money into the Academy and take on more staff to run it this will get us out of the bottom 4,thats the policy it worked 20 years ago but not any more.

Nicky Maynard is still without a club.

Not sure why Pogba is listed as a striker we let go. He didn't want to stay, and we got money for him. And whatever we got it was a good sale! Donaldson was a different kettle. He should have been offered an extension a year before his contract expired although I think it fair to say that he really only shone in his final season with us and even then he missed more than he scored!. As for Maynard, he may be without a club, but he wouldn't want to come here

as ive said on other posts - need cf that can make ball stick and bring others in - not just a head it on man

people laughed at me when i said john akinde - buts thats the type we need -

or someone like HANSON - DOBBIE -

whos playing up top when Haber goes away with Canada again

Murdoch is the next big striker

But, like Callum, will Fraser be given a chance?

Fraser Murdoch is currently injured. He came back from a very long period of injury, but aggravated something so he's out again for a while. Callum Saunders is good, but it's a very tough league.
    Clayton Donaldson wanted to move and Brentford made the right offer at the right time for them. He's since moved to Birmingham and continues to impress.

The dichotomy is: bring in a loanee (as we did last season and the season before), or look at what we already have and get them scoring goals? Give our own a chance or stymie their development by not getting them on the bench and in the team?

We scored twice on Tuesday. If we continue to score then that is the answer. If we do not then I think SD's hand will be dealt for him and he will be forced into the loan market.

Surely Jon Stead would have fit the bill - joined Notts County in the summer, and surely Notts can't offer more than we can? Too late now, obviously, but makes you wonder why we aren't in for these players.

I'm not really sure if any criticism in this thread is aimed at Haber but it's totally unjustified if it is!

I think the problem here is that the current formation isn't the correct one to use. The gap between midfield and attack is easily dealt with if Haber doesn't have any oncoming support. It's starting to become the 'easy' option to just pump the ball up field and expect Haber to win the flick-ons but even if he does, what's he supposed to do...? Haber proved last season that he works better with a strike partner to flick-on and linked up with as opposed to hold up the ball and wait for the midfield to join the attack. I think players such as Stead, Pogba and even Hanson would struggle in the current formation.

Granted, I didn't go to the Coventry game mid-week but I thought Haber took his goal really well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast