+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Home Support a concern?

Home Support a concern?

Take the Bury away support today and you're left with around 3300 home fans, thats poor and a concern to me, apathy with management, lack of wins, Board etc to blame?

re: Home Support a concern?

As the late, lamented CASI found, the club views supporters as an inconvenience that they have to put up with once every couple of weeks. Engagement with the fans is so far down the priority list that significant changes in the management team have still not been released to the public despite being agreed over a week ago. Minor shareholders aren't treated any better - where's the EGM that was promised when last year's AGM was cancelled?

Revenue from supporters at other similar-sized clubs contributes to overall profitability yet the Alex just put it under the label of "too difficult" and hope that it will sort itself out.

I realise that should someone from the club actually read this post, the usual "we know how to run things better than you do" comment will immediately consign my complaint to the dustbin of history. However, had my wife not renewed by season ticket without my knowledge earlier in the summer I would, like may others, decided to pick and choose my games. I d

Someone suggested to me last week that, "Of all the professional clubs in England, Crewe Alexandra are quite possibly the most amateurish. How can that be so with the club's history of producing talent, receiving millions in transfer fees and having top notch facilities? I've often wondered why no one has ever sought to get hold of Crewe and try to capitalise on these things". That from a rival fan too.

Has anyone ever tried or are we a closed shop?

Take the Idea to Dragons Den see what they think of it? See if we can get a new investor with No budget

I had a feeling that we weren't going to get a good crowd when I found a parking space without any problem. Then there was hardly any people on the concourse under the main stand so to hear how low the crowd was despite a decent amount from Bury, it wasn't a surprise.

Rubbish football, negative tactics...same old crap for the last 30 months. What can you expect. Rochdale seem to manage with crowds less than our home support yet pull together a decent cohesive team...anyone like to tell me how they manage?

It was disappointing on Saturday, but hardly a catastrophe. We were second from bottom with one point - that's hardly going to inspire casual footie fans. We were, however, above the bottom third in the division in terms of gate, so I'm not going to whinge.