+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Vale

The Vale

Nicely balanced side now, solid defence, strong midfield, good forward line, unbeaten and a trip to Albion tomorrow in the cup and this will make you weep, Uche, Byron and Granty all in excellent form!!!

re: The Vale

I grew up during the Rudgie years, and took pride in being know for the kind of football we played, and being a team many rooted for. The game on saturday was the best football ive sen us play since then. I dont know where we'll end up this season, but it will be better than last year and better to watch. The defence had gone from being a liability to our strongest area. A few players now could be worth decent money in the future, such as street and Andoh who has been a revelation. Grant has probably been our best player this year alongside purkiss, another new signing. Moore is like a new signing, and Uche gave doncaster a torrid time. Even AJ, who i wasnt keen on signing, came on and gave the defence who had just got used to Uche, something totally different to think about. Should have won more than we have so far, but being difficult to beat is a good way to start the season. And we have last season best two players still to come back from injury. Not wanting to rub it in, but havin

But Vale fan you will notice that having got rid of Anthony Grant we have managed to recruit once again another coach. Also promoted three other coaches. You have to admit that is a fantastic result for us, NOT NOT NOT.

The insanity at this club is breathtaking.

To be fair our coaching team has totally changed since last season too. Not more coaches, just different ones. Basically not coaches that are there because they were ex players we were mates with the old board, or massaged adams ego. That has to be a part of it too. I just wish we would do something crewe have always done well, and that get the better players signed up on extended contracts in advance, as we always seem to let them run down.

Just seen grant make a mockery of a premiership team. I knew he was meant to be a decent midfielder, but he was simply phenomenal last night. I haven't seen midfield performances like that since the likes of Earle and ray walker.

Yes but its the L Cup not the FA Cup big difference. WBA want to stay in the Premiership

A very creditable performance by the Vale. The League Cup will be of importance to the likes of West Brom and nothing should be taken away from the performance. Luton also had similar success against one of the local sides in forcing a draw on the night only to lose on the lottery of penalties.

True it was only the LC but it's nice to see a team that couldn't keep a clean sheet for love nor money last year shut out a prem side for 120 mins. And one who fielded a strong side (7 of which managed to score 2 against Chelsea).

Unsurprisingly Grant is turning into a cult hero at Vale. Quite how the hell our management thought they 'didn't get value for money' from him beggers belief. And there were a couple on here and other social media forums that had a pop at Grant thinking he gave the ball away a lot and was the reason we have played poorly for the last few years. Without him we'd have been relegated last year without question. He could and should still be our player. Absolutely infuriating to see him be a success there (glad for the player though)