+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No denying the facts

No denying the facts

We played well today but lost again, yet again we've had a poor start to a season and haven't won a game, Like last season and the one before, Haven't looked like winning any game and we've played some average*teams in Vale, S****horpe, Bury and Wigan, it's alarming this, playing catch up already as now 2nd bottom, we need at least one experienced figure in there ala Tate surely? Not good right now.

re: No denying the facts

The club really needs a QUICK START GUIDE

Have to agree, it has been a very disappointing start to the campaign. I strongly believe we have the players good enough to get us top half. We just need to find a way to get the best out of them.

However, I don't agree it's like the last 2 seasons - points on the board, unbeaten at home, all is not lost!

But can you two please do us all a favour.
    For the sake of balance, please try posting after a victory ...?
    That is of course providing it's not "opposition were poor, ref was biased, we were lucky!"
    If that's the case, don't bother.

Will do Somerset but it may be a while yet but REALLY Posters on this site must see the other Side we all have different opinions, but some like to use ABUSIVE or Insulting words as they can not express themselves in any other way ,have you not noticed some Posters have gone missing who have crossed the line. The next step is this site will be taken down, so behave all you Posters out there. and lets have some respect. READ THE RULES.

I am afraid I get annoyed when some people post nothing but negativity about the club, the team or individuals within the structure of the club. I am not blind, stupid or naïve. I realise that results have not been good but there is usually something positive to comment on. But there have been slurs on people such as Neil Baker and individual players. This is wrong on every level and needs to stop. I am assuming we are all Crewe supporters so we should be doing precisely that. The nature of Crewe Alexandra is that we have a set up which places restrictions on the signing of players. It has been that way for some tome and is not going to change any time soon. So we all have to accept this or support a different team, but I suspect that anyone who takes the latter option is not a true supporter.

I absolutely agree with you Timmy58 - but that is a personal opinion. However, where posters feel that something is wrong this is pretty much an open forum, and they can express their views. Most do so in a well-mannered, well-thought out and well-constructed way. Where I get a little annoyed is where the poster uses arguments that are fallacious, plainly wrong, demeaning of others, and often simply non-sequiturs with no basis in fact or reality.

I also have problems with people who can't write English properly, but that's just a personal thing.

During the times when we were under managers who were not up to the job (my opinion) there was a fair amount of negativity. We now have a manager who took us to Wembley twice in a year, both times successfully, and is struggling two years hence (he'd be a hero if the position had been reversed).

Some posters rail against the way the club is run; demand cash for players; cash for instant success; and a change of Board to provide both th

You call it Negativity Timmy i call it saying as it is,not as i would like it to be! its called REALITY, it is ok to keep wishing and hoping,i can understand that. As far as the Manager goes i personally have always backed him with a few reservations, I blame the Directors for not backing him (Negative i guess) or Reality.
    Supporters have always thrown opinions from the terraces about certain players and Managers/ Assistants that has always happened. Its good and Positive to have different opinions That is what a FORUM is for get used to it.
    The Positive i guess is that Stoke have the best team for years on paper and are in the bottom 4 also,and Port Vale have also the best team for a while and are only 4 points in front of C.A.but the next 5 games will be *****,as some said including you Timmy give it 10 games and see where we are? i did say at the start of the season where we would be it was not rocket science,given the signings or lack of them.
    I do understand supporters frustra

I have no issue with differing opinions, negative or positive. However constant negativity is boring beyond belief. One can predict with some accuracy what will be written as soon as you see who the poster is and sadly, you are one of them. The validity of any points you make are lost because of the constant carping. We are not starved of success. We have a team in league one and I would venture to suggest that that is a success, The championship years are long gone and I suspect unlikely to return whoever the manager is and whoever the board is. The league we are in is tough and there are reasons that I can't be bothered to list here, but suffice to say that make no mistake, we support a successful team.

The Championship years are long gone (DG ) said that i remember it well,but you also said in a recent Post its Inevitable that Crewe at some point will get Relegated!! now i am confused who is Negative. I rest my case.

Negativity isn't recognising an inevitability. Relegation will not be a disaster for the Alex. The negativity is constantly proclaiming the bad things concerned with the club. Manager, coaches, assistants, players and the board deserve support for keeping the club stable rather than pursuing instant but brief glory. When DG got us to the Championship it was an amazing achievement and one that will remain with those who experienced it for ever. But the likelihood of that happening again is very remote because the strength in the 2nd and 3rd tier are higher than in previous seasons, and for us to remain in League one year after year is a big ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast