+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harley Street, London.

Harley Street, London.

On Thursday my daughter has to take my grandson down to Harley Street for a medical appointment.

I wondered if any of you know what the traffic is like and the parking in that vicinity?

The journey time today is showing as 2 hours and 19 minutes from Chaddesley Corbett but I know the reputation for London traffic.

Then there’s the ULEZ charges, she’ll be going in my wife’s hybrid but I’m not sure how this affects ULEZ and how you work out if and when you need to pay?

I’ve never driven in that part of London so any advice will be appreciated?

I’ve had appointments at the Cromwell Hospital in London, not close to Harley St, I know, but as I did, go by train and underground, far, far less stressful, no worries about parking or the rip off ULEZ. I would expect it to be quicker overall, too!

Train and taxis much easier to London and less stress!

I’ve said this all along to my daughter, train and taxi.

Thanks for now chaps.

I also had a customer whom I visited 2 or 3 times a year, close to Harley St. I took train to Euston and then tube. (I seem to remember it was close to Regent St / Oxford St. Maybe worth a visit if your family feel up to it)
    Mind you, I been retired 16 years, so memory may be poor !

You can catch a train from Snow Hill (or Solihull, on the same line) into Marylebone, then two stops on the underground to Regents Park. It’s a short walk from there to Harley St. I wouldn’t even contemplate taking a car into London again.

You can put your reg into the above link Mick it will tell you if you are exempt, suggest book a space in the NCP https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-par...ortland-place/

If they do a taxi in London do NOT get a black cab.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve said this all along to my daughter, train and taxi.

Thanks for now chaps.
    I have a car, but I wouldn't dream of using it in central London.

I use it only to drive outside of London, my house is the furthest inside London I'm prepared to travel by car. Thereafter I use ubers and tube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)