+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Guesses?

Any Guesses?

Would anyone like to have a go at picking our best XI, if injury-free?

My guesswork team is below, but I have cheated because I could not narrow every position down to one.

Robinson

Henley (Kane)
    Hanley
    Keane (Kilgallon)
    Spurr

Marshall
    Cairney (Dunn)
    Evans
    Conway (Has spent much of his career on left.)

Rhodes
    Gestede

I have gone for 4-4-2, but I doubt that this team could keep many clean sheets.
    Over to you.

(Incidentally, I note that Jason Lowe is valued at 2.6 millions on Transfermarkt!!??)

re: Any Guesses?

. . . . . . . .Robinson
    Lowe . . Hanley . .Kilgallom . . Spurr
    Conway . .Evans . . Cairney . . Marshall
    . . . . . . . Dunn
    ... . . Rhodes
    Dunn replaced by Gestede on 50/60 minutes and we go 2 upfront .

Its a tough one with Rhodes & Gestede up front paired together. Most seem intent on being oyr best formation. But Rhodes gets the vast majority of his goals while on his own up their. While Gestede is off the pitch. when paired together, Rhodes sets up more for Rudi, than vice versa. This thing about Rhodes contributing nowt when he doesnt score jusrt isnt true. he just thrives on being the main man. And will clear 30 goals this season now by the end, as he started scoring again now, and that will continue now. Conway has been a good signing, like Gestede, and Marshall.

I am with Needle that would be my team.

I would also use King for his pace in certain situations as well.

Needs, how on earth could you pick that dolloper Lowe? No surprise that once he was substituted after injury on Saturday that the Rovers put in one of their best showings of the season. Expect a mini revival with a threat of a charge to the play offs until he is declared fit to play again. Hope GB learned something on Saturday.

Robbo

Kane
    Spurr
    Keane
    Hanley

Cairney
    King
    Conway
    Evans
    Dunn

Rhodes

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)