+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Trying to live a life which doesn't stretch the world's resources. We will all have to do it soon anyway whether we like it or not.
    Still eating meat and driving out into the Peak District for a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    From the commonslibrary website:

The law

On Thursday 26 and Saturday 28 March regulations were made across the UK which gave the police (and others if designated) powers to enforce the lockdown. The regulations have three main effects:

1. They significantly restrict the free movement of people by making it an offence to be leave home without a “reasonable excuse” and (with some exceptions) to gather in groups of more than two.

Cummings decided to go on a 60 mile round trip without a reasonable excuse didn't he? Unless you count him going to drive in order to see if his eyes were fit to drive as 'reasonable'?
    Easy now. You'll have Inspector Mikey on your case.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    They broke a trust. Johnson and the Government had a deal with the British people that we would stick to the rules lockdown - despite the suffering it was for the greater good and help others.

Johnson and Cumming broke the deal.

I hope the British public have more moral integrity than Johnson and Cummings. I hope we stick to the regulation when asked to do so in the future.

My fear, with many, the deal is fragile. It could end in more deaths.
    'Broke a trust' is slightly more impressive than 'he might have had an accident that required the attendance of the emergency services', but the fact remains that his actions posed neglible risk to anyone. If you want a lynching then fair enough, but count me out of the posse.

Anyone who decides to abandon social distancing as a consequence of his 'example' was quite clearly looking for an excuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    'Broke a trust' is slightly more impressive than 'he might have had an accident that required the attendance of the emergency services', but the fact remains that his actions posed neglible risk to anyone. If you want a lynching then fair enough, but count me out of the posse.

Anyone who decides to abandon social distancing as a consequence of his 'example' was quite clearly looking for an excuse to do so.
    I hope youre not implying I made the quote 'he might have had a accident'. Not sure why you'te linking it to me?

It isn't about one journey though is it - it's about us collectively. I think that one of the points of the 'don't make unnecessary journeys' was to avoid the danger of breakdowns/accidents and necessity of assistance and therefore endangering others. I'm not sure you're getting the grasp of the importance of 'collective responsibility' which is the point made by the senior scientific advisor I linked to yesterday. That's the whole point of that.

However, as I've said repeatedly, that journey up North isn't the problem many have issues with. It's the journey to the castle, the blatant lie behind it, and the blatant lies from the Government in the press conference last Friday ("he stayed at the farm for 2 weeks and made no journeys").

I hope youre not implying I made the quote 'he might have had a accident'. Not sure why you'te linking it to me?
    Lynching???
    Rather extreme terminology don't you think?
    What more than 70% of the british public want is integrity which they most certainly haven't seen
    If as you say there may be people looking for an excuse to use their interpretation of the rules he sure as hell has provided one

Still eating meat and driving out into the Peak District for a walk?
    Nope are you?
    Now your question: barrister or solicitor?

No you didn't. I was comparing your point to that of my learned friend, raging.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Lynching???
    Rather extreme terminology don't you think?
    What more than 70% of the british public want is integrity which they most certainly haven't seen
    If as you say there may be people looking for an excuse to use their interpretation of the rules he sure as hell has provided one
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    My cousin is suffering with covid 19. She is at home looking after there 11 year old son whilst her partner has just come off a ventilator in RDG hospital.

If she could have come to our house and gone and lived in the separate apartment then why wouldn't I do it? Why wouldn't any family do it to make sure that they're both watched over?

I think that it would be reasonable for her to do so.
    I'm not sure the journey he was the problem for me. It was the fact he thought he and his wife had covid that potential could have endangered others plus the 30 mile trip to test his eyesight was a blatant lie.
    For me it's a trust issue. I'm ok with him breaking the lock down rules, each to there own. but he has to face conciseness if caught. He got caught so he should step down.

Tbh I'm surprised that the police have not asked him why he thought it was appropriate to drive when he thought his vision was impaired and unsure if his vision was adequate to endure a long journey.

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast