+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Not had a decent Brexit thread in a while.

Some might say that we have never had one.
    Ever thought of starting one?

Invoke The `Cummings Clause`

From now on,if you dont agree with a rule or law,just say "I`m invoking the Cummings Clause",followed by "It`s what`s best for family and myself".
    Obviously if you are rich and powerful,or know any giant Wombles, this will help,but give it a go anyway.

***I`m not a qualified lawyer,so I can`t vouch for the validity in this matter***

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    From now on,if you dont agree with a rule or law,just say "I`m invoking the Cummings Clause",followed by "It`s what`s best for family and myself".
    Obviously if you are rich and powerful,or know any giant Wombles, this will help,but give it a go anyway.

***I`m not a qualified lawyer,so I can`t vouch for the validity in this matter***
    There might be the odd barrister or solicitor knocking about on here but so far I haven't found one! Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ok let's say Johnson pulls that rabbit on Brexit. Let's say he pours sensible money into the NHS (not like Blair did). And let's say the economy is strong. Yeah I know a very big bunny from a small Hat. But if he does that would he get your vote in 4 years time?

No animal wouldn’t vote Tory, neither would I....more chance of me winning the Euro lottery...😂..or Dominic Cummings resigning...😂

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'll try again Fire.

What do you think that Cummings wants to achieve if he succeeds with his aims of 'overthrowing' the civil service?

I'd be the first to agree that we could benefit with reviewing anything that blocks effective government, but what do you understand Cummings' end vision for the country to be? How will it be different to what we have today?

If you can explain that, maybe I could understand why you have so much faith in him? Without this, you're just supporting him in taking a hatchet to things that he might think are negative but are actually valuable. How do you know if you don't know his over riding plan?
    Sedwill has way too much power, as well as the jobs I mentioned he's also the National Security Adviser, and unlike Cummings very people know his name.

So even though we've left the EU (kind of) we still have unelected bureaucrats running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    There might be the odd barrister or solicitor knocking about on here but so far I haven't found one! Strange...
    Or resident barista is running the defence "what 'e done werent that bad and didnt cause any damage, your Honour"

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Or resident barista is running the defence "what 'e done werent that bad and didnt cause any damage, your Honour"
    At least the Guardian is impartial

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...minic-cummings

Pure speculation, no evidence either way, just made up crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    At least the Guardian is impartial

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...minic-cummings

Pure speculation, no evidence either way, just made up crap.
    What's made up Grist ?
    Apart from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    No animal wouldn’t vote Tory, neither would I....more chance of me winning the Euro lottery...😂..or Dominic Cummings resigning...😂
    Why's that frank? Surley you want the best for your kids and grandkids. Does it matter which banner they fly?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ok let's say Johnson pulls that rabbit on Brexit. Let's say he pours sensible money into the NHS (not like Blair did). And let's say the economy is strong. Yeah I know a very big bunny from a small Hat. But if he does that would he get your vote in 4 years time?
    It wouldn't be a very big bunny it would be pulling a Tyrannosaurus out of Jacob Rees - Moggs top hat .

Instead of going down the route of turning water in to wine what I will say is that my Labour vote is no more a gimme and they will have to earn it .

I'll be more than interested how they go about reclaiming the red wall .

There are a couple of Tory values I can reconcile with , I do think people should take more responsibility for their lives and I do think people should pull themselves up by their boot straps with education and graft .

Living off the state should never be a lifestyle choice either .

But you always have to accept that a small percentage are unemployable or have no backbone .

Taking a huge stick to the benefit system and causing misery and sometimes death itself to people who do have genuine disabilities or mental illnesses isn't particularly smart either and actually just adds to the problem .

Kerr and myself very rarely agree on anything but he's right about governments trying to solve difficult problems with simple solutions that don't stack up and that goes across the political divide .

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast