+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I see it as a natural disaster. We've never before asked a country for compensation in this way. Are we going to do the same every year when a new flu strain hits?

There is more behind this than simply who is to blame. China is on the rise. The response to China is about the balance of world economic power; to stop their Belt and Road global development strategy.* China is a threat to the economic stranglehold European Colonialists has held on the world the past 400 years.

Trump has used the pandemic strategically as a counter punch and fixed the blame on China.* There is heavy support for him in Australia and from White Nationalists in South Africa who see their place in the world order under threat.

When Thatcher created the Single Market it was to rebuild Europe as the dominant Economic powerhouse. In the 80s Japan was the growing powerhouse in the East with the USA in the West - she recognised each European country on its own was too weak to stand up to them. Brexit has split that apart. Brexit Britain is like lying on its back legs akimbo. China is marching in through the door in Europe and throughout the world.*

There is no economic defense. The focus has shifted to using a social mechanism of turning public opinion against China. Youve been roped into the campaign.

When Powel said one day the black man will hold the whip hand I dont think anyone ever thought it would be through Asians owning our major industries. A Chinese billionaire can buy a championship football club for loose change - a fraction of the price of an average 3 bedroom flat in some major cities around Asia.

But, that was not my point, which you well know. I was saying we could have learned from the way China dealt with the crisis. It would have given us a head start. Instead we were more concerned with condemnation of the regime.
    I know you'll not buy into this conspiracy theory but what about the Chinese intentionally introducing the virus to bring down capitalism. It's certainly done that and we,ve yet to see how much.
    Cover the tracks by claiming it got out of control in an animal market and the rest is history.

I realise It's a bit of a mixture between a Donald Trump tweet and a Future Hollywood script but we don't really know the facts yet. We may never know.

Fully agree we should have learnt quicker and from China and the other SE Asian countries

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I know you'll not buy into this conspiracy theory but what about the Chinese intentionally introducing the virus to bring down capitalism. It's certainly done that and we,ve yet to see how much.
    Cover the tracks by claiming it got out of control in an animal market and the rest is history.
    The conspiracy theory for China to bring down capitalism makes no sense. Its not the direction China is travelling. They are globalist investing vast sums worldwide. Their local industries rely on world trade. They are introducing huge numbers Western brands into their domestic markets (many US stores, brands, fast foods, etc).

Xi Jinping is on record saying he wants to bring prosperity to the people of China and yhe method is through world trade. It is happening. Their economy and plans rely on strong capitalist markets worldwide.

Just my thoughts and why I dont buy into this theory.

The conspiracy theory for China to bring down capitalism makes no sense. Its not the direction China is travelling. They are globalist investing vast sums worldwide. Their local industries rely on world trade. They are introducing huge numbers Western brands into their domestic markets (many US stores, brands, fast foods, etc).

Xi Jinping is on record saying he wants to bring prosperity to the people of China and yhe method is through world trade. It is happening. Their economy and plans rely on strong capitalist markets worldwide.

Just my thoughts and why I dont buy into this theory.
    The economy is global, China can not thrive without worldwide trade they can not trade within a vacuum, its nonsense to suggest this is some sort conspiracy.

Just look at HSBC (who I intensely dislike even though I bank with them), they support China's intervention in HK

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

Just look at HSBC (who I intensely dislike even though I bank with them), they support China's intervention in HK

I like a man of principle [principal take your pick]

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Flour - I'll just add. There is a sea change inside China in the last few years. Both in terms of improved standards of living and strategy.

Up to now China has been seen as the cheap labour base to the west.* Their role has always been the low end of the supply chain, in manufacture and assembly work.

US and Western brands operate in China essentially as sourcing agents. They control purchasing, product development, manufacturing processes and price - their scale allowed them to weald power without ever owning anything.

The big money is being made in the west.

So, take, say, Apple. They design, market, sell and make the profits in the US. Of a £500 phone, only, £4 is spent in China.

Xi wants to change that. They want to develop their own brands to retain a higher proportion of revenue in China. Its why Huawei has become so contentious (a bit of a metaphor for the trade war). They could take massive chunks of the market away from Apple (and therefore the US economy). Multiply that out across many brands.

The Belt and Road plan make inroads into developing economies, Africa, Pakistan and Asia, and China introduce their own products and services to the market place. The USA and West lose key influence in emerging markets.

Of the 7 billion population, 4.5b is in Asia and 1.2bn in Africa. Trump has pulled the US out of the ASEAN trade deal and ignored Africa allowing China in causing self inflicted damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The economy is global, China can not thrive without worldwide trade they can not trade within a vacuum, its nonsense to suggest this is some sort conspiracy.

Completely agree. Exactly what I said.

I see it as a natural disaster. We've never before asked a country for compensation in this way. Are we going to do the same every year when a new flu strain hits?

There is more behind this than simply who is to blame. China is on the rise. The response to China is about the balance of world economic power; to stop their Belt and Road global development strategy.* China is a threat to the economic stranglehold European Colonialists has held on the world the past 400 years.

Trump has used the pandemic strategically as a counter punch and fixed the blame on China.* There is heavy support for him in Australia and from White Nationalists in South Africa who see their place in the world order under threat.

When Thatcher created the Single Market it was to rebuild Europe as the dominant Economic powerhouse. In the 80s Japan was the growing powerhouse in the East with the USA in the West - she recognised each European country on its own was too weak to stand up to them. Brexit has split that apart. Brexit Britain is like lying on its back legs akimbo. China is marching in through the door in Europe and throughout the world.*

There is no economic defense. The focus has shifted to using a social mechanism of turning public opinion against China. Youve been roped into the campaign.

When Powel said one day the black man will hold the whip hand I dont think anyone ever thought it would be through Asians owning our major industries. A Chinese billionaire can buy a championship football club for loose change - a fraction of the price of an average 3 bedroom flat in some major cities around Asia.

But, that was not my point, which you well know. I was saying we could have learned from the way China dealt with the crisis. It would have given us a head start. Instead we were more concerned with condemnation of the regime.
    . Alot of what you say makes sense. It does appear China has dealt with the virus better than our government. I did know the point you were making but it does not distract from the fact China is responsible for this virus. Calling it a natural disaster, no way. Its man made.

Huawei only got into a dominant position because it stole intellectual property from American companies and is subsidised by the Chinese government to a massive degree.

And yet another mass turn out in London. A coachload from Burngreave travelled down apparently. Cue another outbreak in South Yorkshire !

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I like a man
    It’s 2020 so each to their own

Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast