+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Come now, Mr. P...being ‘officially a pensioner’ isn’t something that new to you is it? Aren’t you in your third year, one behind me, of senior citizen status?

Anyway...losing 1060 council seats is, whichever way you look at it, quite a hammering. Surpassed everyone’s expectations (and fears) I suspect and a complete change of values, attitudes and direction will be needed if the Tories are to avoid annihilation at the next GE. Let’s not also forget quite where Labour have come from since 2019.

Doubtless Tricky will continue to bang on about Corbyn, Abbott, alleged letter box thefts and other irrelevancies, but the real questions are about the honesty, integrity and competence of those in power and the Tories have failed spectacularly on all counts over the last four years.

The times are indeed ‘a changin’’...though having spotted Nick Cave amongst the ‘dignitaries’ in Westminster Abbey this morning nothing would surprise me.
    Inviting NC, clearly not a rampant royalist, is pretty progressive IMO and his reason for accepting is well reasoned, see the article in The Argus. I wanted LESS ‘dignitaries’ and more folk I could relate to, and he fits the bill

Secretly rA was hoping for an invite I think... Would have been better if Nick Cave had performed and some of the tossers performing had just sat in the stalls.

Oh ****, gone into a coffee shop with no TV to escape it and some **** is streaming it on his phone at high volume. Think I will play something by the Dead Kennedys at equally high volume on my phone to counteract it

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    No, not claiming it
    Denial, magnanimity or none of my business?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-05-2023 at 11:35 AM.

No longer in coffee shop. Bloody royalists ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Really? So a whole electorate borough, are a few saddos then?

If you read it closely enough, you will see that THEY TOLD THE MAIN STREAM PARTIES to sod off.
    They voted the Independents in. No tacticle voting, or voting because I always have.
    They said, NO!!!

As I read it today, if they transferred this to the election vote. Labour would get in on a hung parliament.
    So the The tories have another brething space, to spew more crap for the run in, whilst no ideas Starmer has probably already shot his bolt early.

So round and round we go.

Here's a bit of homewrok for you.
    Come back and tell us what the turn out was. I'll give you a hint, it was shocking.
    Another example of how much the general population is turned off, by greedy and virtue signalling politicians.
    In fact they didn't, the Tories certainly did badly and there was a clear anti Tory vote.

To take it in context, Labour were up 1,000 odd seats in 2019, so to do as well as they have this time is very positive. And importantly they have had success where they need to, in areas where the dumbwits voted Tory either due to the Corbyn factor (though why the less well off voted against a leader whose policies championed the less well off is a mystery and he was even pro Brexit!) or Brexit.

You read it wrong, firstly because a true forecast on a GE with greater turnout and nationally across the UK is statistically flawed in many ways. Secondly because there were no election in Scotland and the SNP debacle raises a real prospect of Labour gaining seasts there which will be ***** to their chances.

But right leaning media will spin as you must surely know.

Lets face it, the Tory party said they would lose a 1,000 seats in a clear spin on expectations, hoping the number would be nearer 600, in fact it was over 1,000 and demonstrated clearly that the issues and war on "woke" isn't cutting through, except with an insignificant number of Neanderthals that get excited by this stuff, because they are incapable of understanding reality and like 3 word slogans.

I agree the situation in Ashfield is strange and there are other examples where certain local circumstances play out. The local turn coat MP, one of a number of idiots, who perceive they are members of the Tory party, but will find themselves as useful idiots, tolerated as long as they are MP's but dispensed with when they are not clearly plays to what he thinks will get him re-elected, come the GE we shall see.

Yet Stoke on Trent, which was one of the areas where they elected a Tory MP in 2019, completely rejected the Tories and it happened in other areas such as Middlesboro etc.

Its interesting that you claim Starmer has no ideas, might it not be that he is acutely aware that Corbyn announced a number of policies, many of which were then adopted by the Tories? Plus he is acutely aware that the odds are still against him, the majority of the right wing press are anti labour and will attack every conceivable aspect of policy.

But given he is bending over back wards to appeal to the Brexit anti woke brigade such as yourselves I'd ahve thought you would be somewhat encouraged, though I suspect you don't actually know what you want, your just anti everything on principle, apart from simple slogans like Brexit which you think achieves something even if your not entirely sure what that something is.

In any view, labour have a long way to claw back from the 2019 result, so cautious optimism is all one can hope for, with an electorate that is distinctly devoid of the ability to analyse anything and who are motivated by simple slogans and unrealistic ideas, its difficult for any serious politician to win on what is actually required.

There is a saying in politics, voters don't want to know the truth and any politician who tells them the truth will not get many votes.

Round and round we go? Mm what is a fact, is that labour for all its faults, was better for the country and improved health, education and the economy in its last period of government, compared to what the Tories have done for the past 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Denial, magnanimity or none of my business?
    Deferral. (1) For every 9 weeks you defer, the weekly amount you get when you do start to draw it goes up by 1% (2) why pay 45% tax on it by claiming it now.

So if I was claiming today I'd get a shade over 200 gross per week, net of tax 110. If I defer 4 years I'd get 250 gross a week and say 200 net of tax.

Deferral. (1) For every 9 weeks you defer, the weekly amount you get when you do start to draw it goes up by 1% (2) why pay 45% tax on it by claiming it now.

So if I was claiming today I'd get a shade over 200 gross per week, net of tax 110. If I defer 4 years I'd get 250 gross a week and say 200 net of tax.
    Unless of course you pop your clogs before then, in which case you'll get nowt!!

This is true, and "the risk".... but if I'm dead I won't miss it and there's all the more for rA

Ah! Good wiv numbers ain’t ya? The numerical equivalent of a taxi driver having ‘the knowledge’. Got any tips about ethical, relatively risk free investment?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Unless of course you pop your clogs before then, in which case you'll get nowt!!

Nah...GP’s gonna live forever. He’s omnipotent...well something like that anyway.

Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)