+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Derby to stop taking the knee.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Nutshell’ time again, I think. They are a dysfunctional family, that’s almost impossible to disagree with, and they are, imo, remote, irrelevant and anachronistic too. Perhaps those who disagree could explain their relevance to contemporary society.

As for Swale being ‘racist’. What is racist about pointing out the irony of this ‘great British institution’ having been headed up by a German and a Greek for longer than any of us can remember?

P.S. Tricky...looking at this thread, and others, it occurs to me that the person on here who repeatedly ‘fuels the fire’ and ‘plays the race card’ more than anyone else is...you!
    Its a regreatable situation for Swale but in current times there is no defence against folk being accused of racism, xenophobia etc, it currently appears that its 'guilty until proved guilty'. I don't actaually mean on this forum, I think all we are doing is 'teasing out the issue', but it is an increasing issue and fuelling a return to intolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    As a concept, th royal family are good for tourism and boost invisible earnings, but as individuals I tend to agree they are past sell by date.

That said, I have to say that, dysfunctional or not, they, from the Queen onwards, are fairly representative of this country's general population. Philandering, mostly divorced and remarried, intolerant and bigoted.

I'm not sure I understand why we would have higher expectations of them than we have of ourselves. I believe they live down to our societal norm.

I don't think they do a lot of harm, am basically neutral, but would back the institution ahead of the two gold diggers that have signed up in my lifetime.
    A masterwork of cynicism

MM got the wrong end of the stick. She misheard William singing MJ's 'It don't matter if it's black or white'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Its a regreatable situation for Swale but in current times there is no defence against folk being accused of racism, xenophobia etc, it currently appears that its 'guilty until proved guilty'. I don't actaually mean on this forum, I think all we are doing is 'teasing out the issue', but it is an increasing issue and fuelling a return to intolerance
    On that note Andy, lets not forget that after Brexit, Abbott and Lammy in particular were screaming that racism and hate crime had gone through the roof.
    Whilst not denying some awful examples did occur, even the police admitted. That all it takes is someone to pick up the phone, say they had been a victim of hate crime and it was recorded as that. No investigation/no proof/no trace.
    "Race" has become such a hot potato now, that it is being fuelled from all angles. It is easy to pin point shameful organisations such a KKK or BNP. But it is fuelled by others, including MP's like Lammy.

I’m not sure how good the Royal Family are for tourism, GP. History is good for tourism, but do people expect to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle etc. I suspect not. They’ll continue to visit all the old castles, monuments and stately homes but once this Queen shuffles off, I doubt anyone will even be able to cite the Royal Family as some sort of unifying concept.

Tricky, I didn’t actually need any evidence of your pro-racist agenda but thanks for providing it. ‘WOKE’, the ‘race card’, ‘white, British and not ashamed’, ‘ethnic prisoner’, ‘race board’, ‘Markle’s vendetta’ and ‘Muslim grooming scandal’ all make an appearance in your penultimate post...and that’s before you set off again on another favourite... ‘Abbott and Lammy, blah, blah, blah. It’s almost as if you’re obsessed.

P.S. Just to be clear, I’m white, British and unashamed too, but I do understand how offensive certain monuments to our ‘racist’ past might appear in a modern multicultural society and I’m not going to apologise for that.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-03-2021 at 10:32 AM.

A masterwork of cynicism
    Unsure whether that is a compliment or not!

I often see opinion that suggests an elected "head of state" would be more democratic than an inherited one, which might appease the woke fraternity in that a BAME "king or queen" might emerge from a popular vote. King Marcus Rashford 1st or Queen Konnie Hug 1st has a certain ring to it...

But then again looking at the corruption and greed that encompasses our existing elected officials in parliament, and looking at the corruption amongst heads of state elected in many African countries (other countries may be available), Im not sure a democratic monarchy has any advantages either

I’m not sure how good the Royal Family are for tourism, GP. History is good for tourism, but do people expect to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle etc. I suspect not. They’ll continue to visit all the old castles, monuments and stately homes but once this Queen shuffles off, I doubt anyone will even be able to cite the Royal Family as some sort of unifying concept.

Tricky, I didn’t actually need any evidence of your pro-racist agenda but thanks for providing it. ‘WOKE’, the ‘race card’, ‘white, British and not ashamed’, ‘ethnic prisoner’, ‘race board’, ‘Markle’s vendetta’ and ‘Muslim grooming scandal’ all make an appearance in your last post. It’s almost as if you’re obsessed.

P.S. Just to be clear, I’m white, British and unashamed too, but I do understand how offensive certain monuments to our ‘racist’ past might appear in a modern multicultural society and I’m not going to apologise for that.
    Ostrich and appeasement come to mind.
    Equality is exactly that. Being forced into submission and apology isn't.
    Your support of BLM confirms that

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ostrich and appeasement come to mind.
    Equality is exactly that. Being forced into submission and apology isn't.
    Your support of BLM confirms that
    The fact that you even mention ‘appeasement’ speaks volumes.
    Who’s being forced into ‘submission’ and why is the concept of apology so alien to you?

I support the broad aims of the BLM movement, NOT all of their actions, and I am at a loss to understand how being associated with the WOKE movement is a bad thing. It’s aims are to campaign for social and racial justice...exactly what is wrong with that?

This surprises me given the extent of your travel in the USA. All Americans expect to see the Queen, and that all Brits know her on speaking terms!

However you do have a point in that I dont think the next generation royals (jugears, andrew etc) have the necessary charisma and gravitas to carry on the work. And for sure Bill and Harold dont look likely carry the mantle. Its more about the concept that attracts. The royal family are a personification of a thousand year history, something that many countries cannot exhibit, they are the head of the commonwealth - albeit that this is an increasingly diasporic union, and look OK on stamps!.

which sort of 'outs' you again as a (selective I'll grant you) Xenophobe, you really should have an editor over there with you
    Thats exactly the response that demonstrates the one dimensional view of life that you have, but also how you make a very selective interpretation which suits your own agenda. Either that or your not very bright.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you explain why that post is any way xenophobic. I doubt you will be able to but as you so often say, statements should be backed up by supporting evidence so now is your chance.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)