+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Havant & Waterlooville 06.02.21 [FAT5]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thats the problem with you you cherry pick things to back your argument
    You- negative tactics that have us top of the form table. Reply - they might over a few games, but not over the season itself, as we are not at the top of the table after 17 games, you miss out the earlier games that we lost to poor sides
    You- With the best defensive record in the league. Reply. That has only happened as of the last match, and you fail to mention our goals scored is in the bottom half in the league
    Torquay did not need to win, they were happy with Notts defensive set up
    Sums you up to a tee, you just like to forget all the bad things, eg like the relegation season, failure last year, and pretend they never happened, well they did
    I don't forget the bad things in fact I recently produced a list of the current negatives including the lack of goals, lack of creativity, the list went onto list 5/6 things. Some of the be negatives are there for all to see in the league table stats. So again no accuracy from DavyFacts.

So we aren't top so you aren't happy. Can only be happy if top regardless of whether it's due to goals scored or against? Gotcha.

"You- With the best defensive record in the league. Reply. That has only happened as of the last match"

I'm sorry but what the hell is that supposed to mean. At present we have conceded the least amount of goals over the whole season! Not just the recent half a dozen or more games where our record is superb. The whole season, if you can't praise that you are a joke.

No wonder the Pitchforks go quiet when you get on a roll.

You are right , Torquay didn't need to win and were happier of the two sides. That didn't stop the fact that the runaway leaders looked ordinary and created only one maybe two chances against Notts all game. Since that match they've struggled, which is a good thing. Shows they have weaknesses too.

I haven't ignored the relegation season, or not going up last season. Yes we lost the final. Why don't you mention our no show against Bradford in the playoff final, or any of our other relegation seasons in the past 20/30 years.

Time to move on chap, if you can?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I think you’re slightly confused with my stance regarding Ardley. I can see there are areas that need improvement and the slow style of play can frustrate me at times too. If he doesn’t get us promoted this year then we should make a managerial change because he will then have had a very fair crack of the whip, but in the meantime he has done enough since the relegation season (which I don’t hold him FULLY responsible for) to hold my support. I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

You obviously liked Nolan very much, despite his clear and obvious decline after Christmas of the playoff season. Why do hold him in such high regard? I must be honest, once he lost one decent player he had no idea what to do next and we got worse and worse.

You sound pretty angry when there’s not much to be angry about at the minute Davy, relax a little.
    You seem to like Ardley very much, despite his clear and obvious negativity, of playing for the point, a tactic that relegated us, and has kept us in this division. I must be honest a failure from the start with one win in 12, failure to win any key match- Macclesfield, Swindon, Barrow(H), Harragate, and more recently Torquay, this season all games never settled going in to the closing stages
    Why do you hold Ardley in such high regard??

As for Nolan Nolan- his points per a game ratio remains higher than Ardleys, at a higher level, does that clarify it for you
    So what Nolans form was not as good after Christmas, it was still good over the whole season, as we finished in the play offs, think he had play off form the season before, steering us from relegation to mid table. So that is 18 months of good form

certainly deserved much more than the 5 games given, he unlike Ardley had already proved he could turn things around. Even in the worst case scenario , in that we would have gone down , is no worse than what happened with Ardley

You say there not much to be angry about, well there is not much to be excited about either ,scraping wins against very poor teams, and we are supposed to be happy

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't forget the bad things in fact I recently produced a list of the current negatives including the lack of goals, lack of creativity, the list went onto list 5/6 things. Some of the be negatives are there for all to see in the league table stats. So again no accuracy from DavyFacts.

So we aren't top so you aren't happy. Can only be happy if top regardless of whether it's due to goals scored or against? Gotcha.

"You- With the best defensive record in the league. Reply. That has only happened as of the last match"

I'm sorry but what the hell is that supposed to mean. At present we have conceded the least amount of goals over the whole season! Not just the recent half a dozen or more games where our record is superb. The whole season, if you can't praise that you are a joke.

No wonder the Pitchforks go quiet when you get on a roll.

You are right , Torquay didn't need to win and were happier of the two sides. That didn't stop the fact that the runaway leaders looked ordinary and created only one maybe two chances against Notts all game. Since that match they've struggled, which is a good thing. Shows they have weaknesses too.

I haven't ignored the relegation season, or not going up last season. Yes we lost the final. Why don't you mention our no show against Bradford in the playoff final, or any of our other relegation seasons in the past 20/30 years.

Time to move on chap, if you can?

The results are average to me , for the resources and players available to Ardley
    Its just that he is a one trick pony, negative paly, respect the point, nothing has changed, its what relegated us, and what will keep us in this division. Why can,t we start a game on the front foot, attack a team, even in just the play offs, or key matches would be nice.
    And i will Move on when Ardley has gone chap,

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stags fans would be fuming if that happened, they seem to rate him very highly.
    I've just noticed that the prospect of us signing Jimmy Knowles permanently has been discussed on Stagsnet - it starts near the bottom of page 3 on this link and makes interesting reading:

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...38017&start=50

I've just noticed that the prospect of us signing Jimmy Knowles permanently has been discussed on Stagsnet - it starts near the bottom of page 3 on this link and makes interesting reading:

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...38017&start=50
    An interesting read indeed. Another interesting thing was that they stopped posting on it when we went 2 ahead

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    An interesting read indeed. Another interesting thing was that they stopped posting on it when we went 2 ahead
    I did notice that. I liked the post hoping that he scored a couple and we lost 2-3.

If the situation was reversed I would hope our player got a hat trick and they lost 3-6!

I did notice that. I liked the post hoping that he scored a couple and we lost 2-3.

If the situation was reversed I would hope our player got a hat trick and they lost 3-6!
    Likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Likewise!
    You do realise this is a Havant and Waterlooville match thread?

Footy messageboards eh, who'd ave 'em?

Footy messageboards eh, who'd ave 'em?
    Havant a clue!

The live stream for the FA Trophy quarter final against Oxford City on Saturday is at the reduced price of £8. There's also the option to pay £10 or £12 if you're feeling generous.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast