+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: SSB- Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

Also, why the f*ck isn't Sibbald taking the boy out on the halfway line? Tactical foul. And Ross Graham simply has to do better.
    Because we are too ‘nice’ and have been since Levein was running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    In your opinion, TTT, and that's the point from earlier.

In any case, it's done now.
    Of course, that's what I'm saying really. If there is no obvious mistake to point the referee at VAR aren't going to suggest a change

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic but how far is Duk's foot from the ball? With the angle it may look like his foot is in contact with the ball but I maintain he is not yet in contact with it, he is in fact a foot from it & Birighitti's hand gets there first.
    It's very similar to the Watt sending off when a still image looked like he raked the M'well boy's shin when in reality he did not make contact.
    Still images can be deceptive & having watched the Sheep incident several times again in real time from different angles I still say no pen.
    100% agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Looks a pen from most of the footage I've seen plus the fact that Birighitti doesn't put up much of an argument to the ref about not fouling him either!!! make no mistake if he was innocent then surely he'd be going mental about the ref's decision?no way i'd be letting that go and I'd be right in the ref's pus protesting my innocence.
    He doesn’t go mental cos our team are a saft as sh!te!
    When was the last time you saw any of our players in the ref’s or opponent’s faces?? We just accept things and one of the main reasons we are where we are. We’ve been a saft touch for far too many years. Butch was the only one in recent times to buck that trend!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The referee gave a decision he thinks is right and there is no compelling evidence from video that he's wrong (which he isn't by the way) so there is no way the VAR official is going to suggest the referee change this.
    So why did Tony Watt’s red card get rescinded? One angle shows him not touching the guy, another him raking his boot right down his shin. Ref doesn’t give, VAR does, then league overturn (which I never expected). As others have said, there are simply not enough cameras to operate VAR up here, we’ve tried to do it on the cheap, and we’ll have these incidents, talking points, debates and arguments the rest of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    So why did Tony Watt’s red card get rescinded? One angle shows him not touching the guy, another him raking his boot right down his shin. Ref doesn’t give, VAR does, then league overturn (which I never expected). As others have said, there are simply not enough cameras to operate VAR up here, we’ve tried to do it on the cheap, and we’ll have these incidents, talking points, debates and arguments the rest of this season.
    If we didnt have var it still would have been a penalty as the ref gave it, vars purpose here is to prove the ref was wrong which it couldnt do hence why the penalty stood.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    If we didnt have var it still would have been a penalty as the ref gave it, vars purpose here is to prove the ref was wrong which it couldnt do hence why the penalty stood.
    The point I was making, was that the whole point of VAR, was to eliminate errors, but our half ersed approach (with insufficient cameras to provide multiple angles) is not doing that, so a waste of time and money. You just have to look at the Celtic “offside” against Motherwell, what a joke!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    VAR doesn't change the fact opinions of humans are involved. That's why these contention situations arise. They've had this down south a lot longer than us and these situations still come up. There is no way to eliminate word completely when humans are involved. Hopefully what we do get is fewer incorrect decisions.

None of this VAR chat gets us away from the fact that we didn't deserve to win that game!

We didn't deserve to get beat either, don't think Aberdeen deserved the win and still think Birighitti was rash coming out like he did, no need

Beating Killie was still a key result, and handsomely, we've atleast kept in touch with those above and still gained a 6 goal swing over the two fixtures over them

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)