+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Beer banter thingy

As I've said not for those in their winter years.... ..Dens has a **** atmosphere because folk keep saying no.

Life's so much better when you say yes.

Two fans down by the looks of it if we switch, continue to lose hundreds if we don't.

We offer nothing to anyone under 25,

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    As I've said not for those in their winter years.... ..Dens has a **** atmosphere because folk keep saying no.

Life's so much better when you say yes.

Two fans down by the looks of it if we switch, continue to lose hundreds if we don't.

We offer nothing to anyone under 25,
    Never been officially asked the question so have never said no.

Two fans down from a population of this board that numbers 20 maximum - if we're representative then that's some percentage of the total fan base to lose, hundreds in fact.

Agreed we offer nothing to younger fans, but then when I was under 25 we didn't have nearly the options they have now. It's easier for people brought up in a near virtual world where computer games are more real than a good session of Dead Man Fall or a Magic Circle to choose the pub and Jeff rather than sitting freezing at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Never been officially asked the question so have never said no.

Two fans down from a population of this board that numbers 20 maximum - if we're representative then that's some percentage of the total fan base to lose, hundreds in fact.

Agreed we offer nothing to younger fans, but then when I was under 25 we didn't have nearly the options they have now. It's easier for people brought up in a near virtual world where computer games are more real than a good session of Dead Man Fall or a Magic Circle to choose the pub and Jeff rather than sitting freezing at Dens.
    We change nothing we will increasingly become more and more irrelevant as crowds continue to fall......meanwhile other clubs embrace change and reap the benefits but we let our club wither on the vine for the sake of a bunnett and possibly an extra layer in dec/jan or moving to another stand where you don't need said bonnet and extra layer.

Head banging against wall DSC

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We change nothing we will increasingly become more and more irrelevant as crowds continue to fall......meanwhile other clubs embrace change and reap the benefits but we let our club wither on the vine for the sake of a bunnett and possibly an extra layer in dec/jan or moving to another stand where you don't need said bonnet and extra layer.

Head banging against wall DSC
    Our crowds are declining because we can't put a decent team on the park not because we sit in the wrong stand.

We'll always be unable to put a decent team on the park as long as we pick the wrong manager.

We'll continue to pick the wrong manager until the man picking the manager realises he doesn't know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Our crowds are declining because we can't put a decent team on the park not because we sit in the wrong stand.

We'll always be unable to put a decent team on the park as long as we pick the wrong manager.

We'll continue to pick the wrong manager until the man picking the manager realises he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Even when we are decent our crowd will rise 500 or so.....it's much much much more than that.

Stuck in their ways, no vibrancy, nothing to attract younger fans.....sit Doon shut yer pus, go over to the Cox when you become a crabbitt ******* (if your still going), then the main stand awaits you in later life.....cant understand why dens isn't packed with young lanes myself.🙂

It's so obvious.

Any fan that would stop going because we moved ends is someone that’s looking for an excuse to stop going,

in the 80’s I watched games from every side of the ground, and most of the time not through choice, I remember old firm games when you never knew what end we had until tickets went on sale,
    I remember we gave the Arabs half the Derry, I’m sure we once gave Celtic the Derry, but I never once said I wasn’t going back because of it

Couple of visiting Charlton fans were up for rangers game, they like sevco....we're in main stand.

One said to me after the game ," some amount of money Dundee must a raised for that sponsored silence behind the goal"......thought it was funny and pretty sad at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Any fan that would stop going because we moved ends is someone that’s looking for an excuse to stop going,

in the 80’s I watched games from every side of the ground, and most of the time not through choice, I remember old firm games when you never knew what end we had until tickets went on sale,
    I remember we gave the Arabs half the Derry, I’m sure we once gave Celtic the Derry, but I never once said I wasn’t going back because of it
    I don't need an excuse to stop going, if I wanted to stop going - I'd stop going and imagine a lot of people will be of the same mindset. I just can't see any justification in changing the home end and moving from seat L 120 in Coxy to L 120 in Shankly.

Just no valid reason for it but plenty valid reasons not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    They had a vote when the stands were complete , they voted on the names and which stand would be the home and away end , it was overwhelming in favour of calling the provie the Bobby Cox and it being the home stand , I’ve sat in the Shankly a few times when it’s been opened , they let us in it a few times during the Deefiant season , and also the hamilton game in the game before Hartley got sacked , I have to say it’s a much colder stand the cold wind usually comes from that direction in the winter , plus the setting sun in the winter gets in your eyes from the start of the second half so it’s a big fat no from me
    Are you an advocate of summer football?

OK Deeranged. You win. It won't make any difference so don't do anything. There have been a couple of hints about making the Shankly
    use PATG turnstiles, making the seating free seating so people can sit together, making special efforts to bring in younger fans as examples. Why do nothing? Surely more fans actually help our team. I think we need to try to encourage the team. Sitting waiting for a better team hasn't worked for quite some time. The club owners have decided to give McPake a decent chance to build a team at Dens. I think a blend of youngsters and seasoned pros who actually want to be part of what is being attempted at Dens is worthwhile.

Use the Shankly. Rross is convinced that there would be a benefit. If it helped shore up the SE, then what is wrong with at least giving it a go?

I think our team needs us its twelfth man, now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)