+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T A different type of Whisky

O/T A different type of Whisky

Out shopping today, ironically attempting to find the new Gordons non - alcoholic Gin. I have it on good authority it tastes just like the real thing but no 'uplifting feeling' attached to it. Good if you like the taste but still want to take the car out in the future.

Searched more than one store and finally ended up at Asda's of all places. No joy there either but, I found a new and different whisky. Looking at box, it was indeed a single malt. The price a very low £20. Now knowing the average 'decent' single malt should run at around £35 upwards in a supermarket, the price got the better of me.

It showed £33 down to £20. Of course I thought there's a catch but low and behold the only catch was, and it astounded me, it was a Welsh whisky! Penderyn, a single malt of 41% volume. I thought for £20 there's no harm in trying it.

I am somewhat pleasantly surprised of the taste. No cheap raspy taste left in the mouth like the blended rubbish that you see advertised on TV. No, this little number which holds a fresh and sweet taste with the smoky aromas associated with whisky. They say there's a slight bitterness to the end but so far I cannot detect that.

For any whisky drinkers out there, and for a bargain of £20 I say you can't go wrong. If you buy it and it doesn't suit your taste, you can always keep it for a spare for when 'guests' call after the covid ban has been lifted
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-02-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Yes Brin it’s not bad at all.

Btw Morrisons are discounting a few whiskys at the moment including that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes Brin it’s not bad at all.

Btw Morrisons are discounting a few whiskys at the moment including that one.
    Grist, if you track down the new Gordons non-alcoholic gin let me know where from pal.

Indeed I will

Harder to find stuff now mysupermarket has closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Harder to find stuff now mysupermarket has closed down.
    Who's chain was that and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Out shopping today, ironically attempting to find the new Gordons non - alcoholic Gin. I have it on good authority it tastes just like the real thing but no 'uplifting feeling' attached to it. Good if you like the taste but still want to take the car out in the future.

Searched more than one store and finally ended up at Asda's of all places. No joy there either but, I found a new and different whisky. Looking at box, it was indeed a single malt. The price a very low £20. Now knowing the average 'decent' single malt should run at around £35 upwards in a supermarket, the price got the better of me.

It showed £33 down to £20. Of course I thought there's a catch but low and behold the only catch was, and it astounded me, it was a Welsh whisky! Penderyn, a single malt of 41% volume. I thought for £20 there's no harm in trying it.

I am somewhat pleasantly surprised of the taste. No cheap raspy taste left in the mouth like the blended rubbish that you see advertised on TV. No, this little number which holds a fresh and sweet taste with the smoky aromas associated with whisky. They say there's a slight bitterness to the end but so far I cannot detect that.

For any whisky drinkers out there, and for a bargain of £20 I say you can't go wrong. If you buy it and it doesn't suit your taste, you can always keep it for a spare for when 'guests' call after the covid ban has been lifted
    put Penderyn whiskey on here ages ago and you lot took the piss.

Amazon is great for whiskey. Despite being Scottish born I prefer my whiskey with an e.

There’s some great Irish and American blends at food prices. Jameson’s, woodsman,monkey shoulder and bulleitt are all good buys.

Some cracking tequila there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    put Penderyn whiskey on here ages ago and you lot took the piss.
    Funnily enough crash the only person 'taking the piss' is the one now buying it. His memory must be fading with age

https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...8262834&page=4

Non alcoholic Gin was in Tescos' in town last week.

Tamnavulin Single malt, Speyside, also on sale at £30, down from £45...............bargain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast