+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vincent kompany-just an upgraded Owen Coyle.

Vincent kompany-just an upgraded Owen Coyle.

If you look at the similarities of the two situations, it is clearly obvious Vincent Kompany is just another Owen Coyle.He has left us in the dodo after all his spouting about the five year plan,the Mission documentary, the gesticulations to the fans on the closing day of the season, a owner who backed him like the club has never backed anybody before,the video just last week talking about he cannot wait to start the Championship.Remember him saying at the very start he came because of the people here at the club-that they were genuine and openly honest about the situation after relegation in 2022/2023.
    He gave us a season that will never be forgotten-just like Owen Coyle all those years ago-but he will now be remembered as just another Judas.
    He is probably leaving us with a bloated squad all recruited by him for his style of play and jumps ship when relegated to the first really big hitter.
    If I were Pace I would hold out for the release compo of €20m and if they do not pay so be it.Make them both look stupid.

I'd love to hear Alan Pace's views on the situation, does he have a 5 year plan B? Cue Chumbawamba.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If you look at the similarities of the two situations, it is clearly obvious Vincent Kompany is just another Owen Coyle.He has left us in the dodo after all his spouting about the five year plan,the Mission documentary, the gesticulations to the fans on the closing day of the season, a owner who backed him like the club has never backed anybody before,the video just last week talking about he cannot wait to start the Championship.Remember him saying at the very start he came because of the people here at the club-that they were genuine and openly honest about the situation after relegation in 2022/2023.
    He gave us a season that will never be forgotten-just like Owen Coyle all those years ago-but he will now be remembered as just another Judas.
    He is probably leaving us with a bloated squad all recruited by him for his style of play and jumps ship when relegated to the first really big hitter.
    If I were Pace I would hold out for the release compo of €20m and if they do not pay so be it.Make them both look stupid.
    Coyle left us halfway through a season, to a relegation rival, taking 3 loan players who would have come here, and we got relegated as a result
    Kompany left for one of the biggest clubs in the world, in another country
    No comparison in my opinion

£20 million will soften the relegation financial shortfall, Bayern Munich are not Bolton Wanderers.

Coyle is not Kompany and who in all honesty can blame the Kaiser for taking such an early upward career trajectory?

I hope this situation is put to bed as soon as possible and we can all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I'd love to hear Alan Pace's views on the situation, does he have a 5 year plan B? Cue Chumbawamba.
    Wouldn’t we all !!. It’s about time he came out with a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Coyle left us halfway through a season, to a relegation rival, taking 3 loan players who would have come here, and we got relegated as a result
    Kompany left for one of the biggest clubs in the world, in another country
    No comparison in my opinion
    I’m with you on this Pete - Coyle was a snake as I
    Remember he lied live on tv and flew to Scotland - poo pooed us saying Bolton were a bigger club with more ambition.

VK leaves us relegated yes - but at the end of a season with an offer from one of the top 6 clubs in world football - how can he not talk to them ?

If we get anywhere between 10-15 million take the money and move on

I will say though that this is a critical appointment for us so who we get is very important and imo steady the ship is important

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I believe VK meant every word of those comments you highlight at the time he said them.
    He didn't go chasing Bayern they approached him out of the blue , it's not like he's gone to Brentford or Bornmuff , Bayern Munich are a massive club , one of Europe's biggest clubs and if he is confident enough to take on the challenge, you cannot blame him for that.
    If he stayed and we struggled next season to be as impressive as 22/23 , he may well have been binned off and that chance may never come again.
    I am disappointed he's gone as I was confident he would still have taken us forward long term but he gone/going and we move on , hopefully to a suitable replacement 🤞 UTC

I can't compare Kompany to Coyle at all. Bayern, having been knocked back by 5/6 different managers, have turned to Kompany as a last desperate measure, Kompany would have had no more idea this was coming than any of us did. We all accepted that we were likely to lose him one day to a much bigger club, it's just happened, through no fault of his, much earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can't compare Kompany to Coyle at all. Bayern, having been knocked back by 5/6 different managers, have turned to Kompany as a last desperate measure, Kompany would have had no more idea this was coming than any of us did. We all accepted that we were likely to lose him one day to a much bigger club, it's just happened, through no fault of his, much earlier than expected.
    Can't argue with you on that stance mon ami - for once!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree sinkov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)