+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The summer so far

The summer so far

Ow Do Folks!

Whats your thoughts on the summer so far?

I hate being negative, but so far, i'm underwhelmed (but obviously still willing to wait and give chances etc)

the Incomings of Rodon on a permy, Rothwell on loan, and Bogle on a permy are all ok, just nowt spesh if it makes sense

we've seen what happens when loan players become permy players, for what ever reason they struggle, i'm hopeful Rodon is an exception to this rule

Rothwell is an experienced championship player, and farke said he wanted more experience in he squad, this is a guy who has scum on his youth CV, but has played for former PL winners blackburn (also lancashire), among maybe other clubs in his career, he looked ok vs harrogate but thats not saying much, at least hes only cost us the price of a pack of sea salted seabroooks crisps and a galaxy chocolate bar lol

our other signing is mindbogleing (sorry, couldn't resist LOL), ok ok, bogle, 23, fits the age range of many of the other squad players, and fullback is an area which needs more depth, so he ticks those boxes, not a stupid price tag in todays market either I guess, but he did do the binoculars gesture while at Derby

Gray the only major departure so far, roughly 30mil was it we got? our lack of promotion meant this would happen and leaves a sour taste in my mouth, not forgetting another youth academy grad and useful squad player Shackleton being offered peanuts making his move to the blunts very easy for him, and cresswell another academy grad being allowed to leave on the cheap, this infuriates me if im honest, we should be coaching our own players to be good first teamers, and the fact they aint being kept or arent playing suggests a number of different reasons, of which I won't go in to, I just fear our club will lose its identity if we don't coach our own players to be good enough, or they end up being good enough and then get sold coz we aint in the prem, makes me sick if i'm honest, so we move on

cody drameh queen has finally got out of Leeds United and I couldn't be more delighted that we've got that petulant little dweeb out of our club (they didn't disclose the club hes joining but it sounds like Dull Tigers lol)

looks like coops is out after losing any kind of captaincy position in the club now, I wish coops all the best, super bloke for LUFC and I hope he can finish his playing career on a high, the likes of coops ayling and dallas i'd like to see offered some kind of roles at the club in the future for their efforts at Leeds, great examples to all the young lads we currently have

Talking of captains, Ampadu has been made captain with Struijk Vice captain and Meslier Vice Vice captain, Illan being part of the new leadership group is an interesting one, obviously Ampadu and Struijk were our 2 captains last season, I feel Byram and Bamford with their experience will also be called upon to keep calm heads in the dressing room, along with the other experienced players we will have, Rothwell maybe being 1 of them, and the other little fact I believe all 3 captains are all just 24 years old, pro football is really becoming a younger young mans game isn't it lol

so at this point, will we end up keeping Summerville, Gnonto, and Rutter? after the playoff loss I semi jokingly said, 1 club will come in for all 3 for a combined 100million quid, which when you consider we bought Summerville for 1mil, Gnonto for 6mil, and Rutter for 35mil, would have been a solid profit, but obviously replacements would then be required, 42mil spent to buy them, 58mil profit to get in replacements, and if James gets 20-23 goal involvements again this new season, that would potentially soften the loss a little, chances are we'd try and get Szmodics as 1 of the replacements, who like Rothwell is of his late 20s so more experienced

some of the exiles have permanently gone, leaving only a couple left to get rid of, however 2 of the buggerz have been told to work their buttocks off in wober and aaronson to get back in the squad, for me, once an exile, always an exile, but would be solely based on ability alone, good for the bench, just the attitudes i worry about

I still believe we can get top 2 this season at this current moment in time, it will depend on who stays and who leaves come the time the window shuts!

Whos going to be at Elland Road vs Valencia, I will be, hopefully we show something decent with what will then be 1 week before the season starts

Also, thoughts on this seasons kits, home kit is ok but preferred last seasons, 2nd kit is ok without being spectacular, don't prefer the smiley badge, prefer the yorkshire rose badge that we had before our current shield, and that 3rd kit, along with the pink GK kit just make me wanna puke! just like that pink monstrosity last season, lovely design of the dark blue peacock kit last season and was hardly worn, I hope to god the yellow away kit is preferred to this other pink monstrosity kit for this season away from home!

And just to finish, promotion HAS to happen this season, if not this season, I fear we have several more seasons in this annoying 2nd division of english football

MOT!!!
    Last edited by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN; 23-07-2024 at 11:25 PM.

It's been schite. There weather has been atrocious and we have had far too much rain Clive..

MOD.

and thats just Burnleys training camp! LOL, hope you're well Alf!

It’s been okay so far Clive for me.

Archie leaving stung and I suspect will sting for a while.

A lot of players unlikely to be used much by Farke have now gone (some I would have liked to stay) and that clears the decks for the next crop of youngsters to come through.

Rodon, Rothwell and Bogle all good signings, Cairns needed due to a lot of home grown players leaving. Quite like that there was little noise from the club too until the deals were done.

Bogle I think will be excellent and Rothwell adds more midfield goal threat. We almost all universally wanted Rodon back too.

Matteo Joseph will hopefully be given a chance and Crew looks like he is turning into a midfield beast.

Reintegrating Wober and Aaronson will be interesting. Wober is an excellent player and BA just needs to work out how to adapt to the physicality.

If the rumours about Szmodics are true and that happens then that would be great.

Sure Gnonto will leave and possibly Cree too but club seem to have a plan so let’s see.

B minus from me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    and thats just Burnleys training camp! LOL, hope you're well Alf!
    Haha,yes,I'm well Clive,hope you are keeping well mate 👍

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)